Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App This Morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else’s Tesla app actually connecting to their car really fast this morning? Every time I open the app it actually works as you’d imagine it should. It connects to the car very quickly. Typically when I open the app to turn on climate control it’s a waiting game and very inconsistent in working.

This is a very good sign and hopefully the new normal!

I’m not on the new update either that uses sentry mode where the car doesn’t go to sleep.

• Disagree
Reactions: Hoowzer
I hadn't noticed before, but I did get the update yesterday and upgraded the phone app too and it does seem to wake up faster than before (sample size of one, YMMV).

Honestly I think it's probably just a coincidence you guys see faster connection speeds. My observation is that the car seems to learn when you are most likely going to wake it up and might be slightly more responsive during those times. If you really want to see what the speed is, try to access it on the app at a bizarre time when you normally never would, say 1 in the morning. Unless it's already awake downloading data it will probably take forever.

Honestly I think it's probably just a coincidence you guys see faster connection speeds. My observation is that the car seems to learn when you are most likely going to wake it up and might be slightly more responsive during those times. If you really want to see what the speed is, try to access it on the app at a bizarre time when you normally never would, say 1 in the morning. Unless it's already awake downloading data it will probably take forever.

I don't know. It would be somewhat random that it "learned" that I wake the car up at around 8am just today. I've been doing this since I purchased it in June of last year...... We'll see how long it lasts. I just tried again, a very random time that I would never access the app like you mention, and it worked quickly as well. I'm hopeful! It would be nice to open the app and have it just......work.

FWIW - I just updated the app (iPhone Xs) and opened it. Only only took ~15 seconds to connect to the car even though the car has been idle for a day and a half as I didn't drive it at all yesterday. That's a marked improvement, but as others have said it's only a sample size of 1.

Anyone else’s Tesla app actually connecting to their car really fast this morning? Every time I open the app it actually works as you’d imagine it should. It connects to the car very quickly. Typically when I open the app to turn on climate control it’s a waiting game and very inconsistent in working.

This is a very good sign and hopefully the new normal!

I’m not on the new update either that uses sentry mode where the car doesn’t go to sleep.
Get ready for more complaints about the scourge of vampire drain.

I’m on 50.6 and my iPhone Xs still takes from 15-40 seconds to wake up my Model 3. At random times, it has occasionally connected instantly which is always surprising. I hope that our Sentry mode, when active, prevents the car from going into a deep sleep so the app response time improves.

FWIW - I just updated the app (iPhone Xs) and opened it. Only only took ~15 seconds to connect to the car even though the car has been idle for a day and a half as I didn't drive it at all yesterday. That's a marked improvement, but as others have said it's only a sample size of 1.

Well so much for that. Can't get it to wake up today no matter now many times I try or how long I wait.

Really annoying.