Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App - Unknown Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since yesterday morning, when i enter my Tesla App, it has a "! Unknown Error" in the middle. It does not show my car or controls like it previously did. I am still logged in and can use the app as my key to drive the car, but all the controls (e.g., charging) are gone. I've tried turning my phone off/on, logging off/on, and uninstalling/reinstalling the app. Any body else have this issue or know what is wrong?

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Tried all the things you did. Finally, on the phone with Tesla (weekdays, business hours only) did a hard reboot (brake pedal and steering wheel buttons depressed until "T" appears on screen) on my 2021 Model Y. That fixed it.
Wow perfect timing. This happened on my 2018 Model 3 the other day and was fixed doing the same reboot/reset. I had to also remove my phone from the phone-key list in the car then add it back through the app but after that it’s all back to normal. Thanks!