Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App update 3.10.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3.10.12 released for iOS - no obvious cold weather improvements that I can see!

Some Tesla Energy Plan changes though

A new version of the iOS Tesla App was released yesterday (Version 3.10.12). Release notes just say the usual, "minor fixes and improvements". The only change I've spotted is when you go into the Power Flow screen for the Powerwall Gateway it now has a Tesla Energy Plan notation under the Powerwall and if you select it you get a description of the Tesla Energy Plan.

1621343953020.png

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and CMc1
Our very own @scottrobertson has noticed the Frunk and Trunk can be opened via Bluetooth now and doesn’t require a data connection

I thought it already did. When cars wouldn't wake last year due to the Spanish SIM issue, iirc once app had timed out, it still allowed several controls to be activated by Bluetooth. I cannot remember exactly which ones, but I thought the front and trunk icons were available to show that even though the car was asleep, those controls were still active when app in Bluetooth range.

Maybe not front and boot though?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1
I thought it already did. When cars wouldn't wake last year due to the Spanish SIM issue, iirc once app had timed out, it still allowed several controls to be activated by Bluetooth. I cannot remember exactly which ones, but I thought the front and trunk icons were available to show that even though the car was asleep, those controls were still active when app in Bluetooth range.

Maybe not front and boot though?

Almost certainly front and unlock via bluetooth was available. Here is an app home page screenshot from September last year when the Spanish SIM issue was preventing cars from waking.

It shows that the car was still trying to wake (it never would wake up as the SMS 'wakeup' ping was not being received), but unlock and front icons available to be activated (which they could be as one of the work arounds was unlocking the car to wake by this method) as the app was within Bluetooth range. If you moved out of range, the the icons greyed out.

I don't have any screenshots from the controls screen though to what other controls are also active, or even if the controls screen behaved the same way - that may be the change?

1621426851864.png

Has anyone noticed the iOS app consuming a non trivial amount of background battery?

I'm investigating excessive battery drain on my iPhone and whilst not the whole story (I think I know what the main culprit is), I'm surprised that the Tesla app is regularly recording ~5 minutes of background activity every hour even though it has not been used since yesterday. I'll see if it changes after a phone reboot.

Has anyone noticed the iOS app consuming a non trivial amount of background battery?

I'm investigating excessive battery drain on my iPhone and whilst not the whole story (I think I know what the main culprit is), I'm surprised that the Tesla app is regularly recording ~5 minutes of background activity every hour even though it has not been used since yesterday. I'll see if it changes after a phone reboot.
Tesla app on iPad 1% battery usage. iPhone 37% !!

On my iPhone SE (2020 version) the battery use by the Tesla app is very low - 3% over last 10 days and doesn't even register for the last 24 hrs. I use the Tesla app daily but do close apps I'm not using routinely, rather than leaving them running in the background. A habit I got into as a result of the NHS Covid 19 app draining my phone daily, which it still does even when 'off' - 26% of battery use for last 10 days.

4% in the last 24 hours on my phone (3% in last 10 days). I do check the app fairly often to review home electricity use via the Powerwall interface.

On my iPhone SE (2020 version) the battery use by the Tesla app is very low - 3% over last 10 days and doesn't even register for the last 24 hrs. I use the Tesla app daily but do close apps I'm not using routinely, rather than leaving them running in the background. A habit I got into as a result of the NHS Covid 19 app draining my phone daily, which it still does even when 'off' - 26% of battery use for last 10 days.
I must be an aberration because Exposure Notifications on my phone is consistent at 2% (past 24 hours and past 10 days)...