Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App update (can limit max speed in app)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would think this would be on the bottom of the todo list...I can't imagine many people buying their kids $60k+ cars...

Somebody let their kid borrow their car, and he thrill-killed himself. Worse, he killed a passenger.
Speed control, including via an app makes sense.

Cool feature but out of all of the other stuff why spend resources on this? It's like them updating another easter egg or something. Also seems dumb they'd update just the app with only this feature when it won't even work yet.

Obviously, the feature is ready, and it's just waiting for other changes in the firmware release.

Does this mean, if they can limit the speed, they can increase it?
I don’t have a problem with them limiting the power for whatever reason,
But if there is more available, I would like know. Heck, if they enabled something
Like ludicrous mode and charged fifty cents for every time it was used, I’d be their best customer :)

Reactions: N8Howell33
Looks like a very slow roll out. Only 8 cars in the last 2 days have received it according to teslafi. So far no 3 has received it, only S and X. Hopefully the 3 will get it also, I’m sure the performance version will need it too!

Great feature, they might as well call it teen driver mode, but it applies equally to loaning your car to in-laws, valet, or anyone who may not have the driving experience or be able to handle the power safely.