TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla App Updated (2.7.3)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Patrick W, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Just noticed on iTunes that the Tesla app was updated an hour or so ago.

iTunes says:

+++++
    What's New in Version 2.7.3 Posted Mar 15, 2016
    -Support for Traditional Chinese
    -Minor fixes and improvements
    +++++

Any ideas what the "inor fixes and improvements" are?

2. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

My Tesla mobile app hasn't worked in over a week. I hope they fixed it and I will download a new version. I use the Android version. Each time I have tried to sign in the error message says it cannot be reached at this time. I would like to have it working again.

3. Ames

Ames Member

One of the programmers accidentally mixed up the Summon Stop command and Activate Launch Mode in the Chinese Version.

• Funny x 1
  4. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Is this true or just a (funny) joke?

5. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

FWIW I tried the updated app and it immediately connected to the car (always a delay before), allowed me to honk the horn and then connect to climate control (those also used to have delays). Don't know if related but just before trying the app I updated the iPhone's iOS.

6. Ames

Ames Member

I have found Summon to be annoyingly inconsistent. Most of the time when I want to use it, it tells me I'm too far from the car even though I'm right beside it. Sometimes I'm nearby but too far to see the car, like in a building a few floors up, or at home in my bedroom, and it gives me the blue buttons.

A joke!

7. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Anyone share my thought that Summon is more of a "gimmick" (not sure that's the right word) that serves as but a taste of some really great and useful stuff that is to come?

8. Wayneb

Wayneb Member

Open app, go to settings and choose Notifications, it crashes. Never tried it before so it may have always done that. Does seem to connect quicker to car.

9. msnow

msnow Active Member

Anyone else getting prompted to enter logon credentials since installing this update?

10. mach.89

mach.89 Member

This happens to me once and awhile, even before that update. Usually killing the app and launching it again will bypass the login page, assuming you were already logged in when this happened.

11. BertL

BertL Active Member

Yes, but just once. Seems to happen occasionally to me every few weeks, no different than some other apps where they ask for logon credentials to occasionally be reentered to refresh tokens or as part of their security procedures.

12. msnow

msnow Active Member

For me it never happened on the previous versions but happened twice each within a few days on both iPad and iPhone. It's almost as if Tesla is resetting tokens for some reason.