Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not done it for a while but I'm pretty sure you can create a destination to navigate to by pressing and momentarily holding your finer on the destination location on the touchscreen map.
Yes, that works in car, but I want to be able to send addresses from emails, webpages, etc to the navigation system from my phone (or computer), without having to type them again in the car.

Yes, that works in car, but I want to be able to send addresses from emails, webpages, etc to the navigation system from my phone (or computer), without having to type them again in the car.
You don't have to type them in the car. That's what voice navigation is for. "Navigate to" name of business or address, either works just as well. It's quick and in more than 3 years I've never seen it make a mistake.

You don't have to type them in the car. That's what voice navigation is for. "Navigate to" name of business or address, either works just as well. It's quick and in more than 3 years I've never seen it make a mistake.
That's true, the voice recognition is awesome and picks up the destination every time. Unfortunately Nav takes me on a bad route about 40% of the time. All in all Nav is not good.

Thank you for sharing this. I had updated when it was first offered. It's disappointing that the notes did not advise of a security fix that was included. I know providing notes in the software updates is not Tesla's thing, but that needs to change to at least advise of important things like this.

The security fix was on the car side - firmware.

This is mostly minor fixes and possibly rebuild fir iOS 10.

When I first loaded the new version of the app earlier today, it showed me the interior temperature in the climate pane right away. The car was parked and had been left alone for a while, but it was also plugged in and charging (so, likely not in energy saving mode.) Just now, I tried connecting again and this time it did not show the interior temperature. The car had to be woken from sleep, and I've never seen it display the temperature in that situation.

As @HankLloydRight said, once you turn on the climate control, the interior temperature shows up in the app.

I've found that when I first pop into the app, most of the time the interior temp is not shown. If I leave the app and do something else, but then come back to the app a few minutes later the temp will be shown then. It's like the app needs some time to get that info. (this is with climate off)