Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App V4.12.0 Adds Tire Pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this is just rolling out:

IMG_9F5875D49B5E-1.jpeg

I have tire pressure in Tessie, but it will be nice to be in the OEM app as well. Note that requires VOS V2022.24+

And I don't remember for sure, but I think the bottom layout is different[?]

1661820294409.png

Last edited:
And I don't remember for sure, but I think the bottom layout is different[?]

Oh yeah, for sure, I still have 4.11.2 on an iPad. Looks like maybe a tap less for 4.12 and in a dedicated area.

4.12.0 the Manage Drivers goes to a new screen where you add a driver (and a list of existing additional drivers / invites).

4.11.2 you add driver under the Security sub-menu, and the list is an additional > navigation.

(4.12 keeps it under Security as well ... now labeled: Security and Drivers)

Last edited:
Our MYP is on software version 2022.24.5
No tire pressure for me.
I think the Apple Store page mentioned a minimum firmware level. I'm on the current FSDb firmware, which may too low a revision level to get the tire pressure.
Software version 2022.24.xx is required for tire pressure.

Software version 2022.24.xx is required for tire pressure.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
For the life of me I can't figure out the love affair for tire pressure in the app and on the car screen at all times is all about.

Knowing what the pressure in my tires was 8 hours ago are in the app is not going to help me when I pull out of my driveway and get a flat.
It is the instant pressure alert to me that is important and not what the pressure was then.

Also I don't look at the app while driving.
But then again I don't even look in the service menu of the car to see the pressure unless I'm noodling around on the screen.

For the life of me I can't figure out the love affair for tire pressure in the app and on the car screen at all times is all about.

Knowing what the pressure in my tires was 8 hours ago are in the app is not going to help me when I pull out of my driveway and get a flat.
It is the instant pressure alert to me that is important and not what the pressure was then.

But then again I don't even look in the service menu of the car to see the pressure unless I'm noodling around on the screen.
Were you an owner before last Christmas when everyone upgraded from V10 to V11? People lost their MINDS because you couldn’t show tire pressures on the display at all times.

I can think of several uses -
You noticed a tire seemed low or the car was driving strangely but when you got home you were distracted by unloading the groceries, the kids fighting over the last cookie, trying to get dinner ready, etc. Then you remember later on - this lets you easily check it.

I know many couples in which one person is relatively clueless about car maintenance. With the app, one person can check while the other is out driving.

Bottom line, just because you think it’s useless, doesn’t mean everyone does, and if you choose never to use the app to check tire pressures then it’s of no consequence to you anyway.

Were you an owner before last Christmas when everyone upgraded from V10 to V11? People lost their MINDS because you couldn’t show tire pressures on the display at all times.
Many people like to keep an eye if they’re worried about a slow leak. The tire pressure was just one of a myriad of boneheaded design decisions made in the V11 debacle.

For the life of me I can't figure out the love affair of posting negitive comments in a thread that others find useful. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You noticed a tire seemed low or the car was driving strangely but when you got home you were distracted by unloading the groceries, the kids fighting over the last cookie, trying to get dinner ready, etc. Then you remember later on - this lets you easily check it.

I know many couples in which one person is relatively clueless about car maintenance. With the app, one person can check while the other is out driving.

Bottom line, just because you think it’s useless, doesn’t mean everyone does, and if you choose never to use the app to check tire pressures then it’s of no consequence to you anyway.

Definitely.

Having some advanced warning about a slow leak, that might evolve into a much faster leak is nice, especially on a car like a Tesla without a spare and in our case where it's our "travel car" (i.e., longer distance use + the whole family).

I've also gotten more attentive to tire pressure with an EV, since can notably affect the range (which adds up with the typical use case for ours).

I don't think it's an obsession really, just an additional system to confirm the maximum safety, range and avoid a PITA inconvenience of a flat.

YMMV.

Literally. :D

Add me to those glad to have the feature.

I remember car maintenance by setting reminders in gmail that pop up periodically. When I read a reminder to check tire pressures, I'm probably sitting at kitchen table in the morning. This way I don't have to decide whether to walk outside and start the car to check pressures; I just pull up the Tesla app to finish the chore.

Cool

The tire pressure at the end of your last driving session is not going to show the cold pressure. You will only get that after your drive a short distance like before. The tire hot/cold tire pressures can vary a fair amount between the seasons. A nice new feature none the less.
It would be nice if the app would show the first cold pressure, or a trend/average pressure. Invariably, I never remember to check my pressures until I've been driving and the wheels have already warmed up. Even a warm pressure can be useful, though.

Ding ding ding -- My wife's Y:

IMG_4526.jpeg

Doesn't show up on my 2018 M3, but not a big deal I'll catch the warning in the car if it's there. I only really need it on hers - works for me lol!