Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App v4.2 coming with live view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1634251295945.png

Saw this too and definitely is a feature I want. I was going to modify a raspberry pi to do it, but never got around to it. If this comes out it'll safe the effort.

I'll still be using an independent set of cameras for parking in general as Sentry consumes too much power. But this would work nicely to check in on the car when those cameras are out of power or to see outside the car (as presumably it'll have the side cams and rear view cam like dashcam does).

Live view is here, it's pretty nice. It's included with premium connectivity.

Sorry if I missed it. Anyone notice that it won't work on Wifi? It just spins and says Error and then has a "Refresh" button.
Once I got off my home's wifi and just use LTE connects immediately.

Edit. Actually tried two iPhones and both only work when off my home wifi. iPhone 7, iPhone 11, T-Mobile and Verizon.

Sorry if I missed it. Anyone notice that it won't work on Wifi? It just spins and says Error and then has a "Refresh" button.
Once I got off my home's wifi and just use LTE connects immediately.

Edit. Actually tried two iPhones and both only work when off my home wifi. iPhone 7, iPhone 11, T-Mobile and Verizon.
Says in update it's only for those with premium connectivity. I guess the way they implemented the wifi exclusion is to kick you off when detecting wifi, instead of doing a subscription check.
Tesla Sentry Mode Live, now available in 2021.36.8

stopcrazypp I have just the opposite of you. My live view only works when both S+ and android are connected to my home wifi.​

I have update 2021.44.255.6 and android app V4.3.0-766.
Once I leave the house all I get is a retry message.
I am subscribed for premium Connectivity.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

After setting and testing the Life View, I was then not able to turn Sentry off using my phone App.

So I had to toggle off the "View Live Camera via Mobile App" from the car menu to be able to turn Sentry off.

May be I am missing something, but if you always need to activate the "View Live Camera via Mobile App"
to access remotely the cameras, and then you need to desactivate "View Live Camera via Mobile App"
to be able to turn Sentry off, this will not be very practical?

stopcrazypp I have just the opposite of you. My live view only works when both S+ and android are connected to my home wifi.​

I have update 2021.44.255.6 and android app V4.3.0-766.
Once I leave the house all I get is a retry message.
I am subscribed for premium Connectivity.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
I wonder if you get any alert, using LTE or WiFi?

I have a Blackvue dashcam connected to the Cloud, so I receive alerts in case of any event.

What is interesting is I can operate the horn, lights etc from the APP when the S and android are on different systems. ie. S on wifi and android on LTE.
It's just that the sentry cam is not remote viewable unless both are on the same wifi network.
Someone suggested to turn off the VPN. However, my phone doesn't have a VPN app.

So I'm back at square zero.

What is interesting is I can operate the horn, lights etc from the APP when the S and android are on different systems. ie. S on wifi and android on LTE.
It's just that the sentry cam is not remote viewable unless both are on the same wifi network.
Someone suggested to turn off the VPN. However, my phone doesn't have a VPN app.

So I'm back at square zero.
Does your car have an LTE signal? I presume you also tried the standard thing of rebooting the car after the update already.

Note if you have Google Fi phone it automatically has a VPN by default. Not sure what phone/carrier you have, but it may be the case also, VPN does not necessarily require a separate dedicated VPN app.

Here's the latest . My android is on the Sprint/Tmobile network and I am not versed enough to determine if the carrier has VPN. However, my wife's android is on Verizon and I am able to do remote viewing with her phone.
Any suggestion are much appreciated.