Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had several power outages over the past month but the latest outage listed in Backup History is Sep 11. Anyone else have this problem?

When my husband’s outage list on his phone didn’t match mine (both iPhones), it turned out the apparent reason was we were on two different versions of the Tesla App software. My 3.+ software when it was updated to current 4.2.0, while making several other changes happen, brought my outage list up to date. Might be your issue too. The graphs and other features are a big change as others have stated in this thread. Oh and it correctly listed the 3 outages we had today during this bomb cyclone.

• Informative
Reactions: jhn_
When my husband’s outage list on his phone didn’t match mine (both iPhones), it turned out the apparent reason was we were on two different versions of the Tesla App software. My 3.+ software when it was updated to current 4.2.0, while making several other changes happen, brought my outage list up to date. Might be your issue too. The graphs and other features are a big change as others have stated in this thread. Oh and it correctly listed the 3 outages we had today during this bomb cyclone.
I'm on the Android Tesla app v4.2.0-693. I just checked Backup History again and it has since populated the 5 outages since Sep 11 (not including the one I'm in now).

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset and jhn_
I’m still looking for the “Tesla-maintained utility rate plans.” Anyone find them?
35D2F673-15B0-4F96-9B37-4B6509410C33.jpeg

@Gigaron and @Gwgan, the “instructions” on using app say the rate schedules and providers will be added from October thru November. Providers will be switching to new seasonal rate changes right now so they likely have updated their rates as well. A lot of providers and rate schedules to “plug in” around the same time. If after all Tesla knows about have been updated in the app, you need to customize yours, there will be a way to do that.

BTW the info in Tesla’s app that you select on this does Not affect your rate plan with your utility provider. That agreement is with you and them and only can be changed with them. The app is there to let you see the value of your solar based on the selected provider/plan.

Reactions: jhn_
The new app (Android 4.1.1-667) will still not stay logged in for more than a day. Also, the login times out unless I disconnect the WiFi and use cell data. WiFi is a strong 5GHz signal. I deleted and re-installed it, paired it with a PW, and ensured all the permissions are enabled.

I got a SW update (2021.36.5.5) on the car today, and it noted improvements to mesh with the new app. Still, the charge limit wanders between 84-86% when I have it set at 85%, and the charge rate limit occasionally goes down to 39A from 40.

Anyone else seeing any of this?

I don’t hold out hope the Tesla will add rate plans for my utility far from California anytime soon but why don’t they enable the custom configuration option ASAP?
Is anyone seen this utility rate plan future without the aforementioned firmware update?

Reactions: scotsmanswan
I wonder if any OCD Energy engineers going nuts that the green light bar is on the wrong side in the app graphic?

Attachments

• 3C195888-B1A7-442C-B3BF-C6E9F9CC88DF.jpeg
    3C195888-B1A7-442C-B3BF-C6E9F9CC88DF.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 98FA3936-A58E-43AE-B726-9EEEE2D2F75B.jpeg
    98FA3936-A58E-43AE-B726-9EEEE2D2F75B.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 41
  • Love
Reactions: BGbreeder
I don’t hold out hope the Tesla will add rate plans for my utility far from California anytime soon but why don’t they enable the custom configuration option ASAP?
Is anyone seen this utility rate plan future without the aforementioned firmware update?
I can confirm that, at least for me, it is not a "gated requirement" to have 21.39. I dont know what "some features" are, but under 21.35 gateway firmware (on my gateway 1), and the appropriate app version as well as being lucky enough to be in the beginning of one of these pushes for once instead of the end, I can set multiple peak periods manually.

I have no idea on the scope that tesla plans on putting in various utilities, nor do I know what it actually makes the powerwall do when you program all the settings as I use self powered mode, not TOU, but I did step through and see I could create multiple peak periods, as well as designate season shift.

I wonder if any OCD Energy engineers going nuts that the green light bar is on the wrong side in the app graphic?

I noticed that the green light in the app is the SOC battery level, and it decreases as battery energy is depleted. So it does serve some purpose, and I haven't confirmed this but I think the light on the powerwall does not indicate the battery level as it does in the new app.

Reactions: Gwgan
Self-Powered with reserve set to 100% is not equivalent to old Backup mode. One difference I have noticed is that if I change the reserve back to 100%, the batteries are not getting 100% of solar production sometimes. I am not sure if Tesla has some forecast in terms of how much solar production we expect to get for the day, and then determines if it will optimize battery charging when not enough solar production is forecasted, otherwise it will just use left over solar production for charging.

@m3-pw2 If the reserve is 100% when is it discharging?
Until I get Utility Rate management I set only the 4-8p peak, ignore the 7a-noon peak, and set the reserve limit to 88% which does a good job of discharging only in the evening peak. The batteries almost always start recharging with the noon-4p off-peak period but rarely much earlier during the morning peak.

If the reserve is 100% when is it discharging?
I am manually changing the reserve based on time of day. I plan to automate it once I get a better understanding. Also waiting for new utility rate feature with multiple peaks to roll out to see if it will match what I want to do.

Time-based control is not working correctly since recent upgrades. The shoulder is behaving like peak now which is not what I want.

What I want to achieve is to use battery during peaks in early morning and evening, and to charge the battery in between those two peaks and as quickly as possible (so use all solar production to charge, not the left over).

I am manually changing the reserve based on time of day. I plan to automate it once I get a better understanding. Also waiting for new utility rate feature with multiple peaks to roll out to see if it will match what I want to do.

Time-based control is not working correctly since recent upgrades. The shoulder is behaving like peak now which is not what I want.

What I want to achieve is to use battery during peaks in early morning and evening, and to charge the battery in between those two peaks and as quickly as possible (so use all solar production to charge, not the left over).
If you re-install the 3.x version on an old device you can still choose between balanced and cost saving time based control. Our Powerwalls are still working as we programmed them to 3 years ago.