Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked after reading your message and confirmed our Powerwalls just disappeared and are no longer visible in 3.x. We did have a brief outage earlier today and I noticed we are on 21.39.1. I can't recall what previous firmware we were on.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I just wish they could add some of the useful graphs that they had before v4.x. With the old graphs, I could instantly get all the information I wanted and don't see any way to get the same information with v4.x. I might have to resort to using a 3rd party application to graph the data.
I am still on V3 and still see my PWs

💩...was hoping it was just a little quirky today w- the storms passing thru.
Damn ...looks like we have to downgrade to v4
When you logged in, did you receive the message that the Powerwalls were no longer on your account? That's what I saw today after reading your message. I've seen that message a couple times in the past but logging out and back in showed they were "back" on the account. I will try that later this evening to see if they reappear.

No message prior to no loss of access to PWs.
Have not had to log in and out before with my app...been very stable prior, but should have thought of it.
Did the same just now and solar & PWs are back on app with logging back in.
Thanks for coming up with the obvious .... fortunately did not change v4 before checking back here.

I'm currently in a power outage and the Powerwalls are supplying power to my home.
I can get to Backup History under Impact. However, it lists 0 Events, Total as 0 hr, and Longest as 0 hr.
But if I View All Events it lists 54 Events, Total of 10 days, and the Longest as 2 days. And the individual events are listed. However, the current backup isn't listed. Is this normal?
Is there a way to tell exactly when the current backup started using the app without having to wait until it is over? I can see the graphs under Energy but there isn't enough granularity to see exactly when it started.

I'm currently in a power outage and the Powerwalls are supplying power to my home.
I can get to Backup History under Impact. However, it lists 0 Events, Total as 0 hr, and Longest as 0 hr.
But if I View All Events it lists 54 Events, Total of 10 days, and the Longest as 2 days. And the individual events are listed. However, the current backup isn't listed. Is this normal?
Is there a way to tell exactly when the current backup started using the app without having to wait until it is over? I can see the graphs under Energy but there isn't enough granularity to see exactly when it started.
Yes, current outage isn't listed until it's over. Sometimes not for a while either. It should list it as soon as it starts and show duration, but that's not how it works unfortunately.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
Yes, current outage isn't listed until it's over. Sometimes not for a while either. It should list it as soon as it starts and show duration, but that's not how it works unfortunately.
Why does it show 0 Events in recent events but my previous last outage ended at 11:51pm last night. Is Tesla's definition of recent as since midnight?

Is there a way to determine exactly when my current outage started using the app?

Why does it show 0 Events in recent events but my previous last outage ended at 11:51pm last night. Is Tesla's definition of recent as since midnight?

Is there a way to determine exactly when my current outage started using the app?
My recent events are about two days behind. So yours from last night might not show up right away.

Try going to the grid graph and move the slider to the point it went to 0 and the time should be within 5 minutes of the outage starting.

My recent events are about two days behind. So yours from last night might not show up right away.

Try going to the grid graph and move the slider to the point it went to 0 and the time should be within 5 minutes of the outage starting.
Thanks, I guess I didn't hold my finger on the grid long enough to make the slider show up.

Do you know how old an event needs to be before it isn't considered recent? My next oldest event was on November 21.
If it takes a couple of days to show up but falls off the threshold after a few weeks then "recent" is a relative term for Tesla.

Thanks, I guess I didn't hold my finger on the grid long enough to make the slider show up.

Do you know how old an event needs to be before it isn't considered recent? My next oldest event was on November 21.
If it takes a couple of days to show up but falls off the threshold after a few weeks then "recent" is a relative term for Tesla.
I don't have enough events to know for sure, but for me they moved from recent to previous at the start of the month. The events were on September 29 and they moved in October. That's why I said two days behind, but if it's a monthly thing, could be longer.

Reactions: RKCRLR
Oh well, it was good while it lasted. I just wish they could add some of the useful graphs that they had before v4.x. With the old graphs, I could instantly get all the information I wanted and don't see any way to get the same information with v4.x. I might have to resort to using a 3rd party application to graph the data.
Feel the same about the graphs and v4.x @MorrisonHiker if you do get something that can run on Android and display data like v3.x did then please ping me.

Hello,

I still can’t access the new utility plan feature in my Tesla app. Am I the only one in this predicament?

I’ve seen lots of discussions about how to configure them but not much chatter anymore about the app update. From tesla’s website they were supposed to hit in Oct/ Nov. I am on FW 21.44 (PW+), in NorCal and have the latest app version.

If anyone has any intel on what to do to force the update I’d be interested.

Thanks!