Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2-3 months? Before that I was on self consumption mode for a while.

It definitely should have shown up in your app by now, then. There isnt anything we know of that "triggers" those options to appear, other than something on the tesla side. The roll out was supposed to be "through novemeber" so, perhaps try calling the tesla energy hotline and asking? I do know it has to be "turned on" somewhere on tesla's side for it to appear in your account, but am not sure what triggers that on a normal basis.

Go off grid button does not always appear on the first page ( I’ve not seen it go missing from the bottom of the Settings page). Anyone seen this? See a pattern?

Attachments

• 39DEFA6A-8ACA-441E-8267-8A60FD4902E2.jpeg
    39DEFA6A-8ACA-441E-8267-8A60FD4902E2.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 02925425-600C-449B-9DE7-C410A0C443BD.jpeg
    02925425-600C-449B-9DE7-C410A0C443BD.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3801C37A-4C23-41A2-99B6-2FEFE5A576DA.jpeg
    3801C37A-4C23-41A2-99B6-2FEFE5A576DA.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 48
TL/DR: V3.10.14 may no longer be operational.

Last night I was woken up by the heat pump coming on a 5am. Decided to check it's status and the inside temp via the phone and there was an power outage alert on the phones notification from the Tesla app. Now I panicked because with all the rain we have been having my PWs were at 48% and I was running them in Self Powered mode to try to charge them. We have had pretty much no solar for over a week.

Heat pumps, even the most recent variable speed unit that I have, will drain the PWs quickly in winter. I turned off the heat pumps immediately to save whatever energy I had left.

Went into my 3.10.14 version of the app and it said my PWs were no longer in my account!:eek: All it would show is my car and my solar roof.

So I figured they must have cut my use of the V3 app. I down loaded and installed the latest version and when it came up I had my PWs available again and full access. BTW I had to power outages but they were only seconds long each, so probably branches rubbing the lines or some other such transient impact.

For PG&E users that are still on the coveted EVA plan the app does not have that option listed since it is no longer available. But interestingly they do have the EVB plan (same plan but with dedicated meter for the car vs whole house). The rate plan is exactly the same as EVA so you can select that one to load the rates.

An yes, V4 UI is prettier but no where near as useful or easy to get the info you need or want at a glance. A big down grade. Luckily I did not use the Backup power option.