Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app version 4.0.0 has app re design for both car and energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in this new version, there is no vertical scale on the graphs!
I don't understand this comment. My graphs all have the zero, min, and max shown at the right hand side.

Example:
Chart 2021-08-30 Powerwall.jpg

I don't understand this comment. My graphs all have the zero, min, and max shown at the right hand side.

Example:
View attachment 703790
The scales are showing up now, but they were not there earlier today. I knew I should have taken a screenshot.

But how are you getting both solar and house feed in the same graph? I could in the old version, but not this one. It will only show one source at a time

Edit: I just now saw the icon to click for that, but it is odd the way it displays

With the old version of the iOS app, each month I recorded the split data showing not only total home energy use, total solar production, total powerwall in/out, and total grid consumption, but also the app displayed the portion of these totals during peak and non-peak periods.

Having this information was incredibly useful because I could measure during peak fee periods (2x cost), what portion of energy consumption that my system was generating.

Now with the new iOS “update” I cannot find this information. I can only see the totals, not the split between peak and non-peak. If it is still obtainable, can you please guide me on how to find it?

It took me a long time to find prior months on the new app. On the old app there was a pull down tab that allowed the month to be selected. All I could do on the new app was to swipe the graph to the right to see prior months.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Hi,

Thanks for all the insight here. I am very frustrated by the removal of balanced mode. I have ToU with peak from (.50 kWh) from 5-9 weekdays and off peak the remainder at .13kWh. My buyback rate 24/7 from my utility is .069kWh. In balanced mode, the system did a reasonable job of protecting my system so I never, ever bought from the grid during peak hours, but also didn't have the "intelligence" to understand the delta between my incoming/outgoing rate during non-peak (so it wound up storing too much power during non-peak but I was okay with the tradeoff).

Now with Cost savings, it seems to limit powerwall distribution only during peak hours, so my overall cost is increasing since I'm not using the powerwall during non-peak times.

Any thoughts on how to improve this? And yes, i'm emailing service to ask they reinstate balanced mode but it seems like tweeting Elon might be the better approach!!

Thanks so much for the guidance of this community.

Hi,

Thanks for all the insight here. I am very frustrated by the removal of balanced mode. I have ToU with peak from (.50 kWh) from 5-9 weekdays and off peak the remainder at .13kWh. My buyback rate 24/7 from my utility is .069kWh. In balanced mode, the system did a reasonable job of protecting my system so I never, ever bought from the grid during peak hours, but also didn't have the "intelligence" to understand the delta between my incoming/outgoing rate during non-peak (so it wound up storing too much power during non-peak but I was okay with the tradeoff).

Now with Cost savings, it seems to limit powerwall distribution only during peak hours, so my overall cost is increasing since I'm not using the powerwall during non-peak times.

Any thoughts on how to improve this? And yes, i'm emailing service to ask they reinstate balanced mode but it seems like tweeting Elon might be the better approach!!

Have you tried extending your peak time in the app past 9:00PM, or setting 9:00PM-6:00AM (for example) as shoulder? My thought would be that the system should continue to discharge your PWs the same way from 5-9PM, but that by changing the setting, you might get it to keep draining the PWs further because it still thinks you are on peak or shoulder. As long as the change doesn't cause the PWs to discharge less during 5-9PM window, it would hopefully improve your situation overall.

Hi,

Do you currently have a part-peak period scheduled? Even if your utility doesn't have one, you could create a fake one and see if your Powerwalls would discharge during that period. Since there is no scheduled self-powered mode, we've used the balanced mode for nearly 3 years. We have our peak period set for the correct hours but have used an extended part-peak/shoulder period for another 18 hours of the day. This allowed the Powerwalls to continue discharging and powering the house for about 22 hours a day.

I noticed with v4 over the weekend that this fake part-peak period was causing things to behave differently under Cost Saving. Our Powerwalls used to charge to 100% and not discharge until peak period started but with v4, they would start discharging at the start of part-peak and export solar to the grid. Since we have 4 Powerwalls, we should still have enough to cover the peak period but I preferred the old way as I could charge a car via solar before peak. With v4, it would charge the car from the Powerwalls, greatly draining them while sending solar to the grid. :rolleyes: I've changed back to Balanced and don't go to the energy products in v4. That keeps me in Balanced for now.