Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App Video guides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order and am waiting for my delivery. I have installed Tesla app and notice that I can get to the video guide and select the videos without any issues but I am not able to play them anyone had this issue if so how is it resolved.

I am able to scroll through video and do mute unmute fullscreen everything except playing it.

Attachments

• 4F997A96-C46C-4692-9239-5B3DE8BB6C1C.jpeg
    4F997A96-C46C-4692-9239-5B3DE8BB6C1C.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 8529A527-3A59-4518-A22C-C155C5B97B41.jpeg
    8529A527-3A59-4518-A22C-C155C5B97B41.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 79
I placed my order and am waiting for my delivery. I have installed Tesla app and notice that I can get to the video guide and select the videos without any issues but I am not able to play them anyone had this issue if so how is it resolved.

I am able to scroll through video and do mute unmute fullscreen everything except playing it.
It may be helpful to mention which make/model phone you are using and the OS version.

Had the same thing happen on an iphone 8 running iOS 12.4. The videos are all there. Thumb-nails and all. But when I press play, it goes black. Tapping on it shows the video slider and I can drag the video along, but it still won't play. Tried multiple delete/reinstall, reboot, wireless/no-wireless, cell/no-cellular, hard resets, etc.

Tried it on a different phone, iphone 8+ running iOS 12.4 and it worked.
Desktop browser worked as well. Not sure what would cause this.

Fixed!

The solution is to do a Reset:
Settings
General
Reset
Reset All Settings
*** This won't erase anything, BUT
*** you'll have to go through all the privacy and notification settings
*** re-setup passcode, touch id
*** re-set up your wallet, apple pay, etc

There was probably some screen time or setting (to keep the kids from doing something silly) that limit that prevented the video from playing. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out and could not replicated on another (similar) iphone.