Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app - where do I add credit card?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my first Tesla, a Model Y, three days ago. Since I used someone’s referral code, I received 1000 miles of free supercharging. However, knowing that eventually those miles will be used up, I would like to add a credit card to my Tesla account in order to pay for supercharging after those free miles.

I searched online to find out where in the Tesla app a credit card can be added. Tesla’s online instructions says to go to Settings in the app. I did that. I looked under each of the sub-menus (Inbox, Loot Box, Account, Notifications) and could not find the place where credit cards are added. Under the Account sub-menu, it shows only Contact and Support.

I signed into my account on a computer through the web browser, and could not find the credit card feature there either.

So, where do I add a credit card?

Thanks

You can add payment information by logging into your account on the Tesla website and clicking on Account. Then click on Manage Payment Method.

There's no way to add it in the app.

upload_2021-2-16_10-51-45.png