Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App with Two Homes and two solar systems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Solar and Powerwalls in my main house, and am planning to add them to a second home. Does anyone know if I can use the same app and simply toggle back and forth between addresses like I toggle now between home and car?

Works more or less as you would expect. I have three different properties on the same account. There are actually four systems in my account. I have one PV system that I swipe to separately from the Powerwalls and the cumulative solar. This is handy because I can see the individual production of that PV system. What is annoying is when I added a 3rd PV system at the same location which was on Tesla solar inverter, they (Tesla) wouldn't list the new system separately on the app so I could see its production separately (in addition to the cumulative one)

The other thing I haven't been able to get Tesla to do is allow a second account access our Powerwall/Solar systems. My wife has her own Tesla account and our cars are shared between our accounts but the Solar/Powerwall only live in my account. This means she doesn't get to see the system status.

Works more or less as you would expect. I have three different properties on the same account. There are actually four systems in my account. I have one PV system that I swipe to separately from the Powerwalls and the cumulative solar. This is handy because I can see the individual production of that PV system. What is annoying is when I added a 3rd PV system at the same location which was on Tesla solar inverter, they (Tesla) wouldn't list the new system separately on the app so I could see its production separately (in addition to the cumulative one)

The other thing I haven't been able to get Tesla to do is allow a second account access our Powerwall/Solar systems. My wife has her own Tesla account and our cars are shared between our accounts but the Solar/Powerwall only live in my account. This means she doesn't get to see the system status.

Call powerwall support and ask them to add it to her account. It definitely can be done. My wife has her own tesla account, and I called tesla energy support to get them to add our solar+ powerwall so she could see it. @MorrisonHiker also has their account setup that way.

There was a thread in another subforum here just a few days ago, where someone was asking the same thing. They were not successful getting tesla to add it at first, but after we recommended they try again with tesla energy support (not the regular tesla lines), they were able to get it done.

• Informative
Reactions: arnolddeleon