Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App without Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI Guys, I just got permission to turn on my system yesterday (I was so pumped) but when looking at the app (IOS) I have the triangle (for solar) at the top, at the bottom left I have grid, and at bottom right I have home (looks like the OP's screen but without any results). The problem is, nothing is showing up at all. I called Tesla support and they said to give it 24 to 48 hours. I did have to provide them an MAC number that was located on my inverter. I read someone say it has to be "activated" on Tesla's end. What does that mean? I think the person I spoke to today said something about activating as well. I looked on the inverter and it does look like it is getting energy from the solar panels (it is rainy and cloudy here in Pittsburgh, just my luck) so I was hoping I could see some results even something coming from the grid to the home, but I got nothing.

I have a slightly different question. I've just ordered a Powerwall 2. I have a Model S and 3 months ago I could swipe left on the Tesla app and get a Powerwall demo. That no longer works. Swiping left does nothing. So I'm wondering if there is a bug, or will the app start showing my real Powerwall information once it's installed and linked to my account.

I have a slightly different question. I've just ordered a Powerwall 2. I have a Model S and 3 months ago I could swipe left on the Tesla app and get a Powerwall demo. That no longer works. Swiping left does nothing. So I'm wondering if there is a bug, or will the app start showing my real Powerwall information once it's installed and linked to my account.
As soon as your PW is commissioned, you should be able to see it in the App. It actually is part of the commissioning process.

This is independent of AHJ inspections, PTO, etc.