Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App won't connect remotely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is 3 yrs old and when its in the garage I can't communicate with the phone. The blue tooth apps work, unlock doors, start driving etc. but remotely setting heat or for example I can get it 1/2 into the garage with Summons then it stops. Here is what I heard - you need to have AT&T cell signal. Got that info from Tesla tech. My ATT microcell tower boosts my phone to 5 bars but you have to put a phone number into it. Guess what the Tesla does not have a phone number haha, So I gave up. I would love to summons back my car out of my very narrow garage but it does keep me from getting fat cuz I have to slide into the car sideways.
That's true.

FYI, this issue was fixed before the end of the year for those of us with zero connectivity anywhere, remotely.

I have experienced this 2 times now since I got my car most recently today did a Mcu reset(2 button salute) and boom it came right up. I do let it actually sleep when I’m home but when it’s not at my house it always has sentry mode on. For instance todays was at my office parking lot my att service has 3 bars on my phone.

How often do you all have to reboot the car? If it happens again I will log an issue with Tesla but just curious.

2023 rwd m3