TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla app won't connect

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mbaier, Jun 17, 2015.

1. mbaier

mbaier Member

my iOS tesla app won't connect for the last hour or so. I'm situated in Europe and it's June 17th 21:00 hours. Does anyone else have the same problem ?

2. towatana

towatana Member

Mine hasn't been connecting past 2-3 hours.

3. mbaier

mbaier Member

thanks for your reply. I guess then there must be some problem in Teslas backend somewhere

4. JPP

JPP Active Member

Down for at least 4 hours here in NoCA (still down as of 1350 Pacific...).

5. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

I lost connection about 30 minutes ago. Their servers are returning "service unavailable" message back to me. Their login server still works, though. Strange. If anyone who lost their connection gets it back, please update us, because then I'll know that this is only temporary.

6. DavidN

DavidN Member

After not working for at least an hour, The Tesla iOS app and Remote S app were able to reconnect at about 14:00 PDT

7. JPP

JPP Active Member

Still down at 1600 Pacific.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla app is working for me right now at 1613 PST. I am in San Francisco General Hospital at the moment (working, not a patient).

9. Barry

Barry Member

Mine was intermittent on Tuesday and down today (and still down). I assumed it was related to the .245 update I got the end of last week. Apparently not, but good to know I'm not alone.

10. travwill

travwill Member

Ah thanks guys, I was wandering why it stopped working this afternoon - still down tonight it seems (7:15PM Central Time). Maybe a backend update or so, hopefully for a new app front end release! ;-) One can wish...

11. pan

pan Member

I'm in Colorado and mine went down today. I'd originally thought it was related to my using visible Tesla app. Clearly there is a problem with the back end. I wish them luck in a speedy fix.

12. AllenWong

AllenWong Member

I finally got connection back. It took them 4 hours. My guess is that it's some kind of backend server update. It happened once before less than a month ago.

Remote S version 2.0 is going to be released in a few days. You can look forward to that if you have the app.

13. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Strange, but still can't connect - yet a charge-completed notification came in.

14. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Connected here, no issues.

15. Knobby

Knobby Member

Bah!! I can almost never get this thing to connect. Today's not any different.

16. mbaier

mbaier Member

my connection is working again this morning.

17. brooklynrab

brooklynrab Member

Anyone having problems connecting this morning and yesterday? I'm getting the rotating wheel/trying to wake from sleep mode on the tesla app, and allen's app says tesla servers overloaded.

18. Lush1

Lush1 Member

I have learned that when my Tesla finds an Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spot, it connects, but not really. The hardware connects (though sometimes only 1 bar signal level), but Xfinity has a cumbersome log-in process involving a browser, and it doesn't work well, even with full featured browsers on computers and phones. Whenever the car grabs an Xfinity Wi-Fi signal, my app won't connect. I finally deleted Xfinity from the list of Wi-Fi signals in the cars Wi-Fi settings list and I can now reliably connect to the car. Took me a long time to figure that out. I realize it was not the problem happening during the period of this thread, but it's something to be aware of if you find intermittent connectivity problems between your phone app and your car.

19. kort677

kort677 Active Member

I had a trouble connecting via lte, but via wifi it loaded