Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app won't connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost connection about 30 minutes ago. Their servers are returning "service unavailable" message back to me. Their login server still works, though. Strange. If anyone who lost their connection gets it back, please update us, because then I'll know that this is only temporary.

I finally got connection back. It took them 4 hours. My guess is that it's some kind of backend server update. It happened once before less than a month ago.

Ah thanks guys, I was wandering why it stopped working this afternoon - still down tonight it seems (7:15PM Central Time). Maybe a backend update or so, hopefully for a new app front end release! ;-) One can wish...

Remote S version 2.0 is going to be released in a few days. You can look forward to that if you have the app.

I have learned that when my Tesla finds an Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spot, it connects, but not really. The hardware connects (though sometimes only 1 bar signal level), but Xfinity has a cumbersome log-in process involving a browser, and it doesn't work well, even with full featured browsers on computers and phones. Whenever the car grabs an Xfinity Wi-Fi signal, my app won't connect. I finally deleted Xfinity from the list of Wi-Fi signals in the cars Wi-Fi settings list and I can now reliably connect to the car. Took me a long time to figure that out. I realize it was not the problem happening during the period of this thread, but it's something to be aware of if you find intermittent connectivity problems between your phone app and your car.