Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla app is showing it has an update pending -- you know the little red number in a circle that shows on top of the app icon when an app has an update waiting? But I open my Tesla app, and I don't see anything anywhere showing it needs to be updated. Anyone have any idea here?

Reactions: Kermee
My Tesla app is showing it has an update pending -- you know the little red number in a circle that shows on top of the app icon when an app has an update waiting? But I open my Tesla app, and I don't see anything anywhere showing it needs to be updated. Anyone have any idea here?

Glad you brought it up. I'm on Android and have the same issue and thought I was crazy. Unfortunately, I have no clue...

XN5SV6l.png

EDIT: The red dot will disappear after a reboot. But, reappears after the Tesla App initializes.

On Android as well, and my app has been doing funny things all day today. My phone tells me that the Tesla app is using too much battery - even though when I go to its usage page it says "0%". On top of that I keep getting "Connected" and "Disconnected" notifications that I can't clear (the "clear" button is grayed out). Neither of those issues were present yesterday, so I assume a new version got pushed with some bugs.

Reactions: Aellinsar
On Android as well, and my app has been doing funny things all day today. My phone tells me that the Tesla app is using too much battery - even though when I go to its usage page it says "0%". On top of that I keep getting "Connected" and "Disconnected" notifications that I can't clear (the "clear" button is grayed out). Neither of those issues were present yesterday, so I assume a new version got pushed with some bugs.

Yeah, I'm having this issue as well. Wasn't sure if it's an issue, or if the app simply decided to plant itself on my notifications page.

It's locked on my notification page as well and if you swipe down it gives the option to unlock doors or open frunk or trunk. If it fixes the phone as key issues i can live with it.
Yes, the change is the persistent notification, and that's what the home screen icon dot indicates-that the app has an active notification. It's annoying that this is persistent (widgets would be more appropriate), but if it helps the phone key I'll deal.