Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my MS tomorrow but can’t log into the app saying no car on my account, which there isn’t one. Will that change soon after delivery? Does it takes weeks, minutes? Curious I know the app is a pretty interesting part of the ownership experience. Also, for my wife, how do you share ownership of the car so it would appear in her app? Sorry for the novice questions but that’s what I am. ;)

Once purchase is completed and the car is officially delivered to you, tesla will immediately add the car to your profile.
Therefore, once you log in with your app, you will see the car.
Sharing with wife is as simple as installing the app on her phone and logging in. (remember that from that moment on any expectation of privacy while you drive is completely gone, and you will be stalked any minute of your life!) ;)

I’m picking up my MS tomorrow but can’t log into the app saying no car on my account, which there isn’t one. Will that change soon after delivery? Does it takes weeks, minutes? Curious I know the app is a pretty interesting part of the ownership experience. Also, for my wife, how do you share ownership of the car so it would appear in her app? Sorry for the novice questions but that’s what I am. ;)
While you are picking up the car your rep will add it to your account and voila you will see it appear in the app. Using the same credentials, you can login to the app on your wifes phone and she has access as well.

By the same token - since the app provides live gps location of the car's whereabouts, either one of you can see where the car is at any moment. :)

Reactions: Zer0t
If your wife has her own Tesla User ID, you can email Tesla Support and ask them to turbo n VIN Sharing. You can authorize her Tesla User ID to see your VIN, and the others Way around if she has a Tesla under her account.

That what we do, as we both have a Tesla under each of our accounts.

Note: The only one weird thing is that “Roadside Assistance” only appears for the original owner of the VIN, and not the shared owner, so that means I only see it when I drive my Model S, and she only see it when she’s driving her Model X, but if we look at the other vehicle, we don’t see that option. It’s something Tesla is aware of.

Reactions: Zer0t