Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new here… apologies up front.

I have had my 3rd software update since i got my model 3 - loving the fact my car ‘updates’ - the updates have all work and all is well with the car.. however last nights update is apparently still downloading within the app. Its not, the car has been out today and I have my release notes etc… i just cant clear the app.
Its happening on both mine and my wife's devices too
I have restarted the phone.. next step is to log out of the app, but i dont want to then have to restart setting keys up again… so after a long pre-amble my question is simple… if i log out of my app for a minute and then log back in does anyone know if i will lose the key settings?

TIA

Car firmware Updates do not download within the app. Car firmware updates download on the car only, and only when the car is connected to wifi. The mobile app notifies you when an update is available. It shows the progress of the download happening on the car. It lets you start the installation of the update in the car.
It's possible that your mobile application is having trouble getting answers from the car (through the Tesla servers on the internet). It would then show stale information. I suggest you go in the car and see if the update has finished downloading, has installed etc. The mobile app will eventually get back on its feet. You can kill the app and restart it. It will bring no good to log out and back in I think.

Car firmware Updates do not download within the app. Car firmware updates download on the car only, and only when the car is connected to wifi. The mobile app notifies you when an update is available. It shows the progress of the download happening on the car. It lets you start the installation of the update in the car.
It's possible that your mobile application is having trouble getting answers from the car (through the Tesla servers on the internet). It would then show stale information. I suggest you go in the car and see if the update has finished downloading, has installed etc. The mobile app will eventually get back on its feet. You can kill the app and restart it. It will bring no good to log out and back in I think.
The update in the car has completed… had all the confirmation notes and pop ups etc… it is just the app thats stuck/stalled and not moved on.

I’ll leave it a couple of days.

Thx