Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla / Apple comparisons and analogies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A part of me dies every time I read this. Tesla is not the Apple of car companies. Apple isn't innovative, it just has a base of kool aid drinkers who buy mediocre products for twice the price. Rarely do they do anything truly innovative.
Are you serious? Apple is a vertically integrated company and so is Tesla. I can list a bunch of things here but I am not sure if you understand what innovation means.

A part of me dies every time I read this. Tesla is not the Apple of car companies. Apple isn't innovative, it just has a base of kool aid drinkers who buy mediocre products for twice the price. Rarely do they do anything truly innovative.
OMG thank you. I agreed with that whole post but that line is the only thing I remembered. Not meaning to offend anyone, but when talking technology, like Tesla, and someone compares to Apple, you lose all credibility. Not that your point is invalid, but anyone who thinks Apple is innovative and a Tech leader is just a Kool-Aid drinker that has no idea about technology.

What an asinine comment. First, off topic. Second, opinion. There are many similarities. Jobs and Musk. Fanboys and Haters. Coolness factor.

Last edited:
OMG thank you. I agreed with that whole post but that line is the only thing I remembered. Not meaning to offend anyone, but when talking technology, like Tesla, and someone compares to Apple, you lose all credibility. Not that your point is invalid, but anyone who thinks Apple is innovative and a Tech leader is just a Kool-Aid drinker that has no idea about technology.
What do have against Kool-Aid, you can spike it w anything you want. And what is your definition of innovative. I think I was pretty innovative to have bought Apple and Tesla stock years ago. But I digress from the assigned topic. Sorry.

Apple does little innovation but much more integration.

• Disagree
Reactions: cubsnlinux
Apple does little innovation but much more integration.

So, untrue, spoken like a true person that has no clue of what Apple does. They invented the first smart phone and so many other things. I could go on and on. When you speak, know what you are talking about, before posting. Would much rather take Apple CarPlay or AndroidPlay than Tesla entertainment system too. Tesla’s is so clunky.

And no I am not an Apple cool-aid drinker as someone posted. Just know the plain facts and not jealous all of all Apple has done.

Probably the same people that though DOS. was better than Windows... LOL.

You really like showing off your ignorance of technology in this thread don’t you.

So, untrue, spoken like a true person that has no clue of what Apple does. They invented the first smart phone and so many other things. I could go on and on. When you speak, know what you are talking about, before posting. Would much rather take Apple CarPlay or AndroidPlay than Tesla entertainment system too. Tesla’s is so clunky.

And no I am not an Apple cool-aid drinker as someone posted. Just know the plain facts and not jealous all of all Apple has done.

Probably the same people that though DOS. was better than Windows... LOL.
I have been an Apple investor for 15 years now. No slight on Apple. They have made me very comfortable but you are wrong. Apple did not invent the smartphone. They perfected it, made it cool, easy to use, and thus put it in most peoples pockets, who can afford it. Just like they didn't invent the personal computer. Apple strives to make technology an extension of the human experience. Simple, intuitive interfaces, ecosystems. This is integration. You can try to call this innovation but far from bleeding edge technology. Ask any Samsung user about the features of the iPhone and they will all say Aamsung had that 2 years ago, etc because its not about innovation. Its about perfecting and integrating. ✌🏼