Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Apple Watch apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a bunch in the app store, and have been sifting through them. But before I buy one (or two) I thought I'd see if anyone has a favorite.

I'm mainly looking to use my watch as a key, and to open the trunk and frunk. Things that would be helpful to be able to do when outside the car and perhaps you left your phone in the house, a bag, etc. Or in case you locked your phone in the car. Ugh.
I got app Tesla remote $30. Use on my watch. Hey Siri unlock, start climate, open trunk, etc. on shortcuts. Took awhile to get working properly(delete short cut app and reinstall) but fine now. Very convenient.

You can't have everything, but I am looking at some of the optional dashboards that integrate carplay to remedy that. There are a lot of misses so to speak on the MY where they could have done better, some I can address, others I can't. If the MachE had a better charging network and had already been out a year and had the first-year kinks worked out, I might have gone with it instead. I am not married to Tesla and if someone comes out with something better, I'll evaluate the other options at the time of purchase.

The one thing for now that Tesla has nailed better than anyone else are not their cars, but their charging network. If they open it up to other companies it may help their profitability but I'll definitely look at other options for sure. Superchargers can already be full when you need them with just Teslas there, open them up and it will make it worse for all of us.