Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Apple Watch support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will by the app just because it shows both percentage and range on the battery. Idiotic thing that the car and official app don't do that. There should be plenty of screen estate to show both!

That's also one of the things I didn't like about Tesla's UI. The other thing is that with the app, you can see your estimated, rated, and ideal range at the same time instead of having to change settings or change screens. Perhaps they wanted to keep a minimalistic interface and not overwhelm you with numbers. But for me, I want to see all the information.

I'm about to embark on a 24+ hour road trip along the East Coast. At some point I'm going to camp in my Tesla using "Camp Mode". Kind of glad I coded it prior to this trip. Wish me luck! I'll be posting updates from each supercharger I hit onto my facebook: http://facebook.com/allenapp

Here's my sleep setup :biggrin:

11059409_10104465798046736_4966361412904115978_o.jpg

Last edited:
Circling back around on this...anyone had luck getting their Apple Watch to pair to their Model S?

No luck here, although I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it. The car doesn't find the watch when doing a Bluetooth search; the watch will find the car - but nothing else happens. Anyway, I don't see much use for this unless you don't have the phone on you and you want to play the music that is stored on the watch through the car speakers.

By the way Allen, will the name of your app be just "Remote S" or how else should I search for it in the App Store?

No luck here, although I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it. The car doesn't find the watch when doing a Bluetooth search; the watch will find the car - but nothing else happens. Anyway, I don't see much use for this unless you don't have the phone on you and you want to play the music that is stored on the watch through the car speakers.

By the way Allen, will the name of your app be just "Remote S" or how else should I search for it in the App Store?

Ya, same happens to me, the car never finds the watch.

But there is a lot of value. If you want to respond to a text or email via voice, it is much easier to do it from the watch. Or take a phone call. As it is now, the Watch mic/speaker will be the interaction point and you lose the benefit of using the car's mic/speakers instead. It is especially a problem if you have the stereo on, as you either have to turn the volume all the way down or hope the watch doesn't pick up the background noise.

That's also one of the things I didn't like about Tesla's UI. The other thing is that with the app, you can see your estimated, rated, and ideal range at the same time instead of having to change settings or change screens. Perhaps they wanted to keep a minimalistic interface and not overwhelm you with numbers. But for me, I want to see all the information.

I'm about to embark on a 24+ hour road trip along the East Coast. At some point I'm going to camp in my Tesla using "Camp Mode". Kind of glad I coded it prior to this trip. Wish me luck! I'll be posting updates from each supercharger I hit onto my facebook: http://facebook.com/allenapp

Here's my sleep setup :biggrin:

View attachment 81023

Safe trip--be sure to check with Bjorn's videos for 'camper mode'....oh, wait, with your app you can do this automatically...sweet...:)

While we are all waiting for regoapps to be approved there is an interim solution that I find useful, although it is display only. The app is called Numerous. I use it isplay alerts for stock prices, weather etc. The My Tesla data can appear too, including % charged. My display at the moment is set to display that option because I am leaving on a very long road trip in a few hours time.
pardon my poor quality photos:
to
image.jpg
. This is the push notification
image.jpg
And this is the selected display of the same datum

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to take a photo of your watch - pressing the crown and button at the same time takes a screenshot.

The one thing that I found with Numerous is that you have to shut off notifications for when it loses connectivity or you will keep getting annoying "can't connect" notifications if your car is not able to connect to 3G - like when it is in a parking garage.

Just a heads up. Remote S was approved by Apple and it's for sale now. Here's a direct link to it: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id991623777?mt=8&at=11l4Ui If it says "unavailable", it's because the iTunes store is cached in your region and hasn't updated yet with the new app. You just have to wait for the App Store to update. Usually it's updates every three hours. It was approved an hour ago, and it still says unavailable for me. But I'm sure that it will be available within the next two hours. I'll also be starting a new thread later today to answer all questions and feature requests for the app.