Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Apple Watch support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sour grapes? Lol. Yeah, I'm bitter about not purchasing something I never wanted and still do not want? I have a Pebble watch I used for a week sitting in one of my cabinets because getting redundant alerts on my
arm vs phone was pointless. Don't worry, you and 75% of all Apple Watch purchasers who are adopting early will do the same shortly. I was pretty stoked and felt the need to justify my Pebble watch and why I'm wearing it too when I first got it.

Why do you assume everyone else is like you? Kudos to you for knowing full well that you do not want an Apple Watch. Plenty of people want them, and will use them.

I am a fan of the watch, but I'm also heavily biased. I like it for the reasons others have stated. If you have an iPhone, you'll find yourself reaching for it at least half as much as before. I could see a Tesla app being useful for subtly checking on your car when needed, or doing quick things like turning on AC.

For those stating that you didn't like the disruption or heavy buzzing, that's all customizable in the settings to turn down/up/off.

If you have an iPhone, you'll find yourself reaching for it at least half as much as before.

This is a good portion of my reasoning for getting the watch. I don't like being tied to my phone. It doesn't fit in my pocket, and it's usually either in my purse (where I can't hear it), or sitting somewhere in the house (where my kid has left it). Honestly my fancy iPhone doesn't do me much good because most of the time, it's not on my person. I've been enjoying getting my notifications on my wrist these past few days. I don't have to worry about missing any important calls/texts/reminders/etc. and I no longer have to ask my husband to call my phone just so I can find it. I can dock my phone at home and at work, and forget about it. I can keep my phone in my purse when we're out and about, and not worry about being able to hear it. When hubby and I are out to dinner, I don't have to keep the phone on the table in case the babysitter calls. It's useful for me. (Add in the fact that I've been a Fitbit-wearer for over a year, so the activity tracking on the Apple Watch is good for me). No doubt there's a lot of novelty that I'm sure will wear off... like being able to turn my home lights on and off from the watch. I'm sure that won't last long, and I'll go back to using regular ol' light switches in a couple weeks. But the things that I find useful are more than enough for me to keep wearing the watch.

Personally, I can't wait until my Apple Watch can replace my Tesla key fob. One less thing to carry with me. In the mean time, my iOS app Numerous now supports Apple Watch, so at a glance you can view:

* Rated Range
* Estimated Range
* Battery Level
* Time to Full Charge
* Charge Rate

and also see graphs for all of the above, plus set alerts on any of them. Here's what it looks like on iPhone:
numerous-tesla-iphone6.png

and here it is running on Apple Watch:
numerous-tesla-apple-watch-main.png
numerous-tesla-apple-watch-detail.png

Numerous is free and is available on the App Store at http://appsto.re/us/ycXIV

Cheers,
Charlie

Attachments

• numerous-tesla-apple-watch.png
    numerous-tesla-apple-watch.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:
Personally, I can't wait until my Apple Watch can replace my Tesla key fob. One less thing to carry with me. In the mean time, my iOS app Numerous now supports Apple Watch, so at a glance you can view:

* Rated Range
* Estimated Range
* Battery Level
* Time to Full Charge
* Charge Rate

Very cool. I'm using Numerous on my iPhone and it's a very intriguing app. Coupled with an Apple Watch- killer.

I ordered a little late so I am a June delivery for an Apple Watch (cheaped out and ordered the sport band with it for the causal summer look) ... but the Numerous connection makes a ton of sense.

In regards to what others have posted, I've always worn a watch... Sure it's jewelry but I also use it to check the time... ;) So wearing a watch isn't anything different to me and I'll get more out of the Apple Watch from a technology perspective. Will it sit in a drawer? Maybe.

I have a six month rule for success. If I'm still using a piece of technology after six months of usage it's a success for me. Otherwise, goes in the drawer. And there are lots of things in the drawer (rhetorically, over the years). Windows flip phone, fitbit, various home automation devices... you get the idea).

And, just sayin', I can guarantee that my P85D will not be in any drawer! Best piece of technology I've purchased in my life. :)

Now where is my Apple Watch???

Thought it is just the notification screen on the current Tesla App? Notifications are automatically pushed there (and you can control settings for what types show up, etc).
(note, I'm answering Jsaccio, asking about JerryNycom's screenshot, not the screenshots directly above by cwood from his app)

Correct. Every app on your phone that creates notifications can be automatically be forwarded to the Apple Watch. What we need is native Apple Watch support for the Tesla app so we can control the car from the watch.

Yesterday my girlfriend was showing me a Facebook post where one person has gotten the open source Eleks Tesla code working. I guess sheer was a discussion about updating a few things but the app is working. I have her ask if it is ok the repost the information.

Please post, as I have received my watch yesterday, would like to see the eleks app working on it... :)

11148597_10203903677688890_5770048825073425903_n.jpg
13526_10203903676848869_8350642703977117536_n.jpg

The person showing these pictures is Mark Rusnak who authors the ConnecTT for Tesla iPhone app. From Mark " I used ELEKS open source code. They don't have authentication built into their code so i had to do a little work there to set some cookies."

Even better he also posted "
I'll have it built into the ConnecTT app by the end of the week where you can download as a beta version."

Hi Charlie - I downloaded Numerous and I have set up my Tesla info. Is there any way to allow the user to select metric units as the data is showing in Miles and I live in km. All of my car settings, etc, are in metric but I still see US units.

Thanks for the Numerous iOS app tip. The app is really cool. Of course I want Tesla everywhere, even though I don't own a Apple Watch, I want the TM app on the Watch. You have to admit, its kinda cool to check your watch to see if the battery is full or open doors or set temp or unlock or start. Come on, most of us TM people deep down inside feel that is pretty darn cool.
Heck I don't go to McDonalds very often, if ever, but if McDonald's put a Supercharger at every store, would I complain? No. I'm a partial Apple Fanboy, but I have to admit I am a total TM Fanboy.
After having my MS for 4 months, I can tell you that I am a EV believer and know we are at the beginning of a revolution.

So I support all those folks that have Apple watches or Android watches or whatever OS you use, I want TM and their apps everywhere.

And Numerous is a cool app, very cool.