Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Approved Body Shop in South Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had any experience with the 3 Tesla approved body shops in South Florida? They are: First Class European Authorized Coach Works in Pompano, Countach Auto Ref. & Coach Work in Coral Gables, and Fantastic Finishes of Palm Beach in West Palm Beach. I was rear ended last night and it wasn't my fault. I am going to insist that the repair will only be done by a Tesla Authorized body shop. Thanks!

Yes
First Class European Authorized Coach Works in Pompano

Work is excellent prices are ridiculous but if your not paying that will not be an issue

You should also look into a diminished value claim the guys at First Class told me to file and it was well worth it

I have experience with Countach in Coral Gables which Tesla used for some delivery issues on my inventory car. They did very good work, did so rapidly, charged my car while with them too. I do not know about cost since Tesla paid. My car was hit two days ago, so I will see them again Monday morning. This time I'll find out about the price.

Two peopenI know have recently used them, one for a Porsche, the other for a Jaguar. Both were very happy, but did not tell me anything about price.

Another vote for First Class Auto. They repaired my old S85 2 years ago after somebody reversed into me in a parking lot. Very expensive as BrightonUK says but excellent work. They also gave me the name of a lawyer and I filed a diminished value claim with the other person (at fault) insurance company. Read all about it here... I'm in mourning!

Has anyone had any experience with the 3 Tesla approved body shops in South Florida? They are: First Class European Authorized Coach Works in Pompano, Countach Auto Ref. & Coach Work in Coral Gables, and Fantastic Finishes of Palm Beach in West Palm Beach. I was rear ended last night and it wasn't my fault. I am going to insist that the repair will only be done by a Tesla Authorized body shop. Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear about your fender bender, but welcome to the forum.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts link in my signature.

Larry

I had a run in with a chuck of something on I95 that flew up and hit my rear passenger door denting it slightly and causing several large and deep scratches. What a bummer!

I have used Auto Krafters in the past on my wife's Yukon and they did a very good, but not perfect, job. They do a lot of high end cars including RennTech Mercedes... etc. they told me they have been doing work on Tesla's of late.

I will probably also get a quote from Fantastic Finishes.

I'll post back here with the cost quotes as well as who I end up going with and how it comes out.

Now if we could just get the cops that sit on 95 and give tickets to people in the HOV lane to give tickets to the trucks dropping debris (mostly tires...) all over 95 instead.

Driving 20,000 miles a year this kind of damage from 95 is almost inevitable.

PS the entire front of the car is clear wrapped... even a wrap would not have stopped this damage. However it may have saved the paint. I just couldn't justify the cost of wrapping the entire car. But maybe I should have!

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 164
if it is just scratches and minor body damage you may not need the added expense of using a tesla authorized shop would bring. many high end body repair shops could do the repairs as it appears on your car. look for someone who has worked with aluminum bodies like a range rover

My Model X is currently at Fantastic Finishes. They worked on my Range Rover in the past. They do great work but their prices are higher than approved insurance rates so you'll have to do some negotiating with your insurance company to get them to cover 100% minus your deductible. Just a tip, this damage @Steve1081 is under your comprehensive coverage and doesn't affect your insurance rates. Make a claim. They'll pay it.

I had a ladder fall on my car in my garage that made one small scratch on hood but caused minor dents on 3 panels. Repair cost = $4500. I tried pointless dent repair but they couldn't get behind the dented panel to repair.

I'd also suggest getting your estimate done by then body shop first and then have one of your insurance company field appraisers come to you. Provide them with the estimate from the body shop of your choice so they have something to work off of. I worked up a good rapport with my guy and he really worked his estimate to match that of Fantastic Finishes (almost).

Technically anyone can repair a Tesla that is able to work with aluminum so unless your repair requires working with the cars electronics/battery your insurance company will require you to use their approved shop rather than a Tesla approved shop. You are of course free to have whoever you want repair your car but you'll be out of pocket more than your deductible if you go to Fantastic Finishes (or some other Tesla approved shop). This makes no sense to me but that is the story they go with.

My insurance is USAA for reference.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin