Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Approved Body Shops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car towed from Tesla Service Center to a Tesla approved Body shop on January 11.

I was told by the person working on my car it takes 10-15 days to order parts from Tesla. If they are common parts!

Is this true?? Are they importing these parts from Fremont or something? The shop is in the Bay Area.

It has been over a month and my Car is still in the shop. What are normal wait times for cars to be fixed?

They were even proud to say that they have a Tesla there that has been for four months.

This wait time is killing me. I drive long distances and have been renting a car for more than a month now. Makes me contemplate why I bought a Tesla. I used to drive a BMW and they give me a loaner and they usually take only a week or 2 weeks to get my car fixed.

Does anyone know how I can expedite the process.. I miss Courtney (name of my car)

Mine took almost a month. That with expedited help from Tesla Body Support. Certain parts are always on the backlog and take a long time. I recommend after 10 days if the body shop said they are still waiting for parts, reach out to Tesla Body Support email and see if they can help speed up the order.

Sorry that your car got hit. My first Tesla got nailed right in the drivers door by a little old man that ran a stop sign. Back in 2013 few body shops were approved by Tesla, so it got towed to a place about 75 miles away. I got it back 3 months later. What took so long? Allstate took over a month to approve the repairs and then an additional 2 weeks to pay for the parts needed.

So, the time could have been cut in half but the good old insurance company drug their feet.

ETA: Both doors, the front fender and front and rear wheels got replaced.

Emvdl, I think you should go to your body shop and get a list of the parts specific parts by description and part number that they need and are waiting on. Make sure you have your VIN too. Ask them for any document that they have that Tesla has provided to them showing the status of your parts they are waiting on. I would not take no for an answer.

Then you could contact Tesla with a the list by part number and your VIN asking if they have parts on order for your ______ Body Shop.
Let us know what they tell you, we are curious.

You should contact Tesla at [email protected] and [email protected]
Here's the numbers they offered (some time ago on TMC) 877 798 3752 press 2, then 4.
and
To escalate any issue, you can log into your Tesla account, click Support and then Executive Escalation.
However, I would not escalate an issue until you are certain the problem is on Tesla's end.

We have heard many times that Body Shops claim parts on order and they are not.

Last edited:
Thanks.. I sent them an email. I guess they have me on record. Since I didn’t introduced my self. Here’s a screenshot.

Attachments

• 2074E883-64A0-4CC3-A104-4AB419B95A35.png
    2074E883-64A0-4CC3-A104-4AB419B95A35.png
    433 KB · Views: 274
  • 29495EE3-96D2-4642-BD0B-C8F7EE23EEF5.png
    29495EE3-96D2-4642-BD0B-C8F7EE23EEF5.png
    520.2 KB · Views: 182
Thanks.. I sent them an email. I guess they have me on record. Since I didn’t introduced my self. Here’s a screenshot.
That 2nd email looks all too familiar to me (received it many times w/ no follow up)... I wouldn't wait too long before emailing them back. From my experience, you're likely out of a car for at least 3 months.

Reactions: Akikiki
rumor has it that some Tesla body shops are offering Tesla loaners while they are doing the repairs -- that's a good incentive for the Tesla Body repair service to do the work quickly and pretty much makes up for any delays for the owner.

A related rumor is that when asked if Tesla is using Model 3s for loaners yet, the answer from a Tesla person was no, the Model 3s are all spoken for and no plans to use model 3 loaners.

Reactions: Seven7
rumor has it that some Tesla body shops are offering Tesla loaners while they are doing the repairs -- that's a good incentive for the Tesla Body repair service to do the work quickly and pretty much makes up for any delays for the owner.

A related rumor is that when asked if Tesla is using Model 3s for loaners yet, the answer from a Tesla person was no, the Model 3s are all spoken for and no plans to use model 3 loaners.

Which body shops are these??

It seems those $35K Model 3s would make great loaners as for the same cost as a single Model S depreciation for one month, you can have in service 3 Model 3s!