Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA approved panel beaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Well it has happened, I have a big ding in my passenger door after someone opened their car door into mine. My insurer doesn't list the Authorised Tesla Panel Beater in Christchurch as a 'partner' so want me to take it elsewhere. Has anyone had any dealings with any crash repairs in Christchurch?

• Disagree
Reactions: Mickie
Good news is that Youi confirmed today I can use whoever I like. I went to the Tesla approved collision repair this morning and they said it will be the 1st model 3 they have worked on. Repair of the dent will be $1,000. Yes SENTRY got a great capture.

- Find & Share on GIPHY
Just curious, as I worry this will happen... I assume sentry also captured their rego plate when they pulled in, so is there anything that can be done to hold them responsible?

Just curious, as I worry this will happen... I assume sentry also captured their rego plate when they pulled in, so is there anything that can be done to hold them responsible?

yes, the sentry also captured the car arriving, both videos were forwarded to Youi. They have a team to track down the other driver and say that once they have been in contact with her then they will waive my excess. They said I can go ahead and have the repair done and get the excess refunded or wait for the excess waiver, I am going to wait.

Well that's good new sentry mode captured the incident
and youi are doing something about it

I had a close call earlier this year
Sentry mode recorded another car pulling into the space next to my car
Nothing unusual driver got out, next minute the rear door blasted open as the kid in the rear
kicked the door open. Kicked with such force the door bounced back, missing my car by millimeters. If I or the other driver had parked a little further over.....

Last edited: