Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla approved tires list? Need inexpensive tires for lease return

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know where you can find a Tesla approved list of tires? I need to return my P90D (lease return) in September and I need new 21". I'd like to save some money and buy less expensive tires but I want to make sure Tesla will accept them. I've heard from my Tesla SC that there is a "Tesla approved" list of tires but they didn't have the list.

Does anyone know if such a list exists or what the cheapest (decent) tires Tesla will let me return the car with?

Does anybody know where you can find a Tesla approved list of tires? I need to return my P90D (lease return) in September and I need new 21". I'd like to save some money and buy less expensive tires but I want to make sure Tesla will accept them. I've heard from my Tesla SC that there is a "Tesla approved" list of tires but they didn't have the list.

Does anyone know if such a list exists or what the cheapest (decent) tires Tesla will let me return the car with?
As long as all 4 tires are the same brand you will be fine. I bought the cheapest tires I could find when I turned my Chev volt lease in. Not a problem.

i just put new Falken Azenis FK510 staggered setup on ours last month. we only have about 4 months left on the lease so i didn't want to spend $2000+. total price w/ tax and install at discount tire was $895. they are actually great tires - i don't notice any difference compared to the OEM michelins. very smooth and quiet.

p.s. i lease a lot and there are rarely any requirements other than some minimum tread depth and having 4 tires with "matching" brand. i have never been dinged at lease termination for using a non OEM brand. a lot of CPOs that were previously lease returns are probably going to get fresh new tires anyway.

Reactions: preilly44