Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla apps for iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really only use the Tesla app you already have installed to use your car.

I Sometimes use ABRP. A better route planner.
I sometimes use PlugShare. To see what third party chargers are available.
I sometimes use “Find us” to see what new Superchargers are coming out and where.

That’s it for me.

Reactions: rossfboyle
yeah - There is only one from Tesla themselves (Tesla, Inc)
Don't install any of the others unless you have a specific need, but be careful.
Typing one word is a bit like typing "chicken" in Google. You get everything thats been tagged with that.
Theres a whole bunch of junk, games and other useless stuff only vestigially related to Tesla.
#1 hit for me was Plugshare, the real Tesla mobile app was third or fourth. :rolleyes:

yeah - There is only one from Tesla themselves (Tesla, Inc)
Don't install any of the others unless you have a specific need, but be careful.
Typing one word is a bit like typing "chicken" in Google. You get everything thats been tagged with that.
Theres a whole bunch of junk, games and other useless stuff only vestigially related to Tesla.
#1 hit for me was Plugshare, the real Tesla mobile app was third or fourth. :rolleyes:
I already have Plugshare because I own a plug-in hybrid now. I also have ChargePoint and Blink. According to all three, there's nothing within walking distance of any place I usually go (except for one supermarket that has two Tesla destination chargers and one Level 2 charger).

Why? What do each of them do that Tesla's own app doesn't?
ABRP is a great trip planning app, for maximum time-efficiency, compared to Tesla which seems to minimize stops. Also, more accurate if you give it accurate inputs, since you an input temps and wind.

Stats, has some interesting data, like rated range over time. Also a watch app that can unlock and allow you to drive your car, if you have an AppleWatch with LTE cell connection. But, it's pricey.

Some Stats screenshots:
IMG_2925.jpeg
File Mar 03, 2 25 17 PM.png

AutoMate, has some interesting screens that mimic the center display in the car. Also some interesting API data. And, a nice watch app, like Stats. Inexpensive, 99c/year.

Some AutoMate screenshots:
IMG_5350.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-02-20 21.03.04.jpg

EV Watch, is just a watch app. Like the previous two, it can unlock your car and let you drive. $1. All three watch apps, can turn on climate, open frunk/trunk, etc., etc., etc.

One other thing is that you can put the apps in Control Center on your iPhone. Here's the Tesla app, Stats, and EV Watch, all together:
by default 2020-06-23 at 10.43.59 PM.jpg

All this information you seek is readily available in the forums. Just do a search and ye shall find.
I did search. Couldn't find anything useful because search facilites here suck. But if you know of a topic or thread that contains all this information, please tell me what it is.
ABRP is a great trip planning app, for maximum time-efficiency, compared to Tesla which seems to minimize stops. Also, more accurate if you give it accurate inputs, since you an input temps and wind.

Stats, has some interesting data, like rated range over time. Also a watch app that can unlock and allow you to drive your car, if you have an AppleWatch with LTE cell connection. But, it's pricey.

Some Stats screenshots:
View attachment 555525 View attachment 555526

AutoMate, has some interesting screens that mimic the center display in the car. Also some interesting API data. And, a nice watch app, like Stats. Inexpensive, 99c/year.

Some AutoMate screenshots:
View attachment 555527 View attachment 555528 View attachment 555529

EV Watch, is just a watch app. Like the previous two, it can unlock your car and let you drive. $1. All three watch apps, can turn on climate, open frunk/trunk, etc., etc., etc.

One other thing is that you can put the apps in Control Center on your iPhone. Here's the Tesla app, Stats, and EV Watch, all together:
View attachment 555530
Thanks.

I did search. Couldn't find anything useful because search facilites here suck. But if you know of a topic or thread that contains all this information, please tell me what it is.
I did a search for third party apps which took me all of 3 seconds and came up with quite a few threads. Search is actually pretty good on this forum so not sure what search function you’re using. A lot easier to search rather than creating a new thread for every single question and waiting for answers. Anyway, here’s one thread, among many, that search came up with.:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-apps-to-have-on-your-phone.114457/#post-2714782

I did a search for third party apps which took me all of 3 seconds and came up with quite a few threads. Search is actually pretty good on this forum so not sure what search function you’re using. A lot easier to search rather than creating a new thread for every single question and waiting for answers. Anyway, here’s one thread, among many, that search came up with.:
Tesla Apps to have on your phone?
The most recent post in that thread is over a year old, and most of the recommended apps are for finding charging stations. And there's scant information as to what the other few do. I'm looking for more recent information and for what the recommended apps do, and why they're recommended.

And also for what apps to avoid.

The most recent post in that thread is over a year old, and most of the recommended apps are for finding charging stations. And there's scant information as to what the other few do. I'm looking for more recent information and for what the recommended apps do, and why they're recommended.

And also for what apps to avoid.
Honestly, best way is to try them out for yourself and see if you like them. An app that I like may not meet your needs and vice versa. The only ones to “stay away” from are the ones that have excessive “vampire drain.” There’s also a thought here that all third party apps are “dangerous” because they have access to your login credentials and can be malicious. I personally don’t have that view and haven’t had any issues with the one I use which is stats. Just try some of them and see what works for you. If you try it and don’t like it just don’t forget to change your Tesla password after you’ve deleted the app so the app no longer has your credentials since you’re no longer using it.

I already have Plugshare because I own a plug-in hybrid now. I also have ChargePoint and Blink. According to all three, there's nothing within walking distance of any place I usually go (except for one supermarket that has two Tesla destination chargers and one Level 2 charger).
sorry - didn't mean to imply the I loved Plugshare, it just showed up higher up the list the Tesla's own application - the power of effective tagging over relevance I guess :D
On my phone I have Plugshare for finding random chargers and ABRP A Better Route Planner
For ABRP I use their website to do all the real planning, its brilliant for any trip over the range of your car. If you create an account you can plan on the browser, then check progress on your phone. For actual route planning it is light years ahead of the in-car nav which is hamstrung by Elon resisting putting waypoints in.

sorry - didn't mean to imply the I loved Plugshare, it just showed up higher up the list the Tesla's own application - the power of effective tagging over relevance I guess :D
On my phone I have Plugshare for finding random chargers and ABRP A Better Route Planner
For ABRP I use their website to do all the real planning, its brilliant for any trip over the range of your car. If you create an account you can plan on the browser, then check progress on your phone. For actual route planning it is light years ahead of the in-car nav which is hamstrung by Elon resisting putting waypoints in.
Thanks. As it gets closer to my getting my M3, I'll definitely look into ABRP.

Thanks. As it gets closer to my getting my M3, I'll definitely look into ABRP.
Its about the best way to get yourself to a feel good place before setting off on a long journey. You can input your specific car, adjust for passengers and luggage etc etc.
I use it most for day trips though, especially where I know I'll need to stop somewhere. The in car nav is brilliant for driving directions etc, but totally useless for day tripping.