TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Apps to have on your phone?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ebmcs03, May 2, 2018.

1. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

So besides the Tesla app it seems like there are a few other apps that are useful.

Like Remote S or Tezlabs

Can people who have used them share their experiences?

Worth getting? Any security concerns giving a third party access to your whole car?

2. SureValla

SureValla Member

plugshare

• Like x 1
  3. dwolvin

dwolvin Member

Blink, Chargepoint, (and Plugshare mentioned)

4. Christopher Chan

I really like Tezlab but I'm not comfortable having to share my Tesla login details.

5. troyhouse

troyhouse Member

Check out Volta, free charging.

6. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

What about remote s? Seems like the same. Sharing Tesla log in info with a third party.

7. smak

smak Member

There's a supercharger app that shows all the superchargers, including in progress.

There's EV Trip optimizer which lets you plan your trip ahead via the app.

• Love x 1
  8. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

Stats: for model s, x, 3.
    Nicola
    Copilot
    EVTO-Tesla

9. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

#9 Randy Spencer, May 4, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    To track the stats on the car it's TezLab, Explorer, Nikola, and I liked TeslaFi.com but there's no web browser in the Model 3. Plus its money, like Nikola, probably gonna drop it too when the free trial is over, it's not as good as the other two anyway.

Just added Camper to allow me to keep my car awake while I sleep. :eek: All those apps need my Tesla login in order to operate o_O

I am not sure why people don't like sharing their login. Sure if someone is working at one of those companies they could login to your Tesla account and have access to your credit card. Same is true for ANY company, even Tesla, that stores your credit card. This is why it's so easy to dispute charges. They could also tell where your car is parked. Not sure what good that is. They going to unlock your car and steal it's contents?

To find chargers I use PlugShare, ChargeHub EV, and NextCharge. As was mentioned previously, Volta is always free charging.

-Randy

• Like x 1
  10. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Does Camper (and other apps) work with the 3? The manual says that Tesla does not support the use of third party apps to contact the 3 and I thought I read in the past they wouldn't work on the 3 (of course, the comment could have been speculation based on the statement from the Manual).

11. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

Yeah, all the Tesla API apps work on the M3. I had difficulties with Camper as it didn't auto disconnect when the timer ran down, but it did once I started running it again and hit stop. Good thing, as there doesn't appear to be support for the app...

-Randy

• Informative x 1