Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Apps to have on your phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ebmcs03

Dec 22, 2017
So Cal
So besides the Tesla app it seems like there are a few other apps that are useful.

Like Remote S or Tezlabs

Can people who have used them share their experiences?

Worth getting? Any security concerns giving a third party access to your whole car?

To track the stats on the car it's TezLab, Explorer, Nikola, and I liked TeslaFi.com but there's no web browser in the Model 3. Plus its money, like Nikola, probably gonna drop it too when the free trial is over, it's not as good as the other two anyway.

Just added Camper to allow me to keep my car awake while I sleep. :eek: All those apps need my Tesla login in order to operate o_O

I am not sure why people don't like sharing their login. Sure if someone is working at one of those companies they could login to your Tesla account and have access to your credit card. Same is true for ANY company, even Tesla, that stores your credit card. This is why it's so easy to dispute charges. They could also tell where your car is parked. Not sure what good that is. They going to unlock your car and steal it's contents?

To find chargers I use PlugShare, ChargeHub EV, and NextCharge. As was mentioned previously, Volta is always free charging.

-Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: barjohn
Just added Camper to allow me to keep my car awake while I sleep. :eek: All those apps need my Tesla login in order to operate o_O

Does Camper (and other apps) work with the 3? The manual says that Tesla does not support the use of third party apps to contact the 3 and I thought I read in the past they wouldn't work on the 3 (of course, the comment could have been speculation based on the statement from the Manual).

Yeah, all the Tesla API apps work on the M3. I had difficulties with Camper as it didn't auto disconnect when the timer ran down, but it did once I started running it again and hit stop. Good thing, as there doesn't appear to be support for the app...

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: davezforce