Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will try that, but I'm not convinced it will work

I don't think it is entirely intuitive ...

Change the PROFILE as appropriate

Then go to LOCKS

The list of KeyCards, Fobs, Phones will display

Press the "Person Icon" for the one you want to set. It is changed (no confirmation) to the currently selected Profile.

So basically Select Profile THEN set the Key to that profile.

Not in the car, so this from memory, hopefully got the right pointers

Reactions: Ohmster and Peteski
I don't think it is entirely intuitive ...

Change the PROFILE as appropriate

Then go to LOCKS

The list of KeyCards, Fobs, Phones will display

Press the "Person Icon" for the one you want to set. It is changed (no confirmation) to the currently selected Profile.

So basically Select Profile THEN set the Key to that profile.

Not in the car, so this from memory, hopefully got the right pointers
I just watched a video and that's exactly what they did. As you say it's not something you would intuitively discover. Will set it up later and I'm now confident it will work.

I'll also set my phone as the default so hopefully won't be over-ridden by my wife's phone when I'm driving. In the video I watched it appears to identify which phone is in the driver's seat, except it assumes you have a LHD car! Maybe they updated the software since, but setting my phone as the default is good enough for me.

it appears to identify which phone is in the driver's seat

For our model-S my Wife's is the default (she is first in the profile list, and probably set to Default too - it was her daily driver). We choose that car for long journeys.

I drive. If I get out (e.g. to plug in at Supercharger) - leaving my phone and fob IN the car - it resets to her profile. The seat does not move UNTIL I open the drivers door. (Not tried it on more recent M3 / MY cars).

But ...

except it assumes you have a LHD car

... that may be the answer :)

I've got the car. I have an account set up with my email address and I have the app on my phone. I have paired my phone with a card and the door opens and closes. I have created a separate account on my wife's phone using her email address . . . how do I link the two accounts so that she see the app like I do and can use the same functions in the app as I can?

I've got the car. I have an account set up with my email address and I have the app on my phone. I have paired my phone with a card and the door opens and closes. I have created a separate account on my wife's phone using her email address . . . how do I link the two accounts so that she see the app like I do and can use the same functions in the app as I can?