TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla are in HK

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by pinguhk, May 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

Dose any 1 know how many Tesla are on the road right now in Hong Kong?
    below 1000 or way more?

2. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

See: Tracking progress of EVs into Hong Kong

I'm close to being able to release some numbers there. It is more than 1,000.

3. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

thanks for the link will check time to time

4. gubes

gubes Member

I have no idea. But anecdotally, it feels like more than 1,000. I spot a lot them. Assuming anyone could get regular access to a home charger or supercharger, the Model S is extremely compelling compared to the competition. In HK, it competes with regular low engine capacity E class or 5 series sedans on sicker price. In the US, it competes with cars like the CLS or even S class Mercedes or 6 series BMW. Running costs are MUCH lower, especially for anyone who is thinking of having a driver, where fuel costs are a much higher %age of the total costs of ownership.