Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, are they snakes or dumber than a brick?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s see how you would react. Given they are this stupid, I would not doubt anything from them. I don’t need this *sugar*. Not after handing over $180k. I didn’t bargain like some do. I accepted both cars without issue. No loan on either one. And they treat me like trash. Both during purchase and now again a week later. I’m sorry to bust your golden bubble but they completely incompetent.

I had the same feeling, though giving them less money, 45k is still a lot. The sticker price was 41k plus fees and I was figuring that I would need to pay CT sales tax at the DMV (as they are in NY). Then they give me an invoice on the site that I owe 45k, which includes sales tax. That's about $3,000, and the guy I talked to (which is only possible after they call you, and you get their real numbers) says "oh, that's finance stuff, the finance guys will handle it"... so you pay the sales tax... "no"... etc, etc, etc. Finally I did my own research and found that they have guys going to the DMV and so collect the sales tax.

I hadn't given them the money yet, besides refundable deposit, and what a dumb company that they don't have people to support the sale. Dumb in the sense where they could loose customers (though they may still have a supply side problem). If it wasn't a "Tesla" and if there was a competitive environment, I would have cancelled, but there just isn't an alternative except getting an ICE car.

In your case, I don't follow how they are asking you for money after the sale is complete and the product is in-hand. I guess they are a dealer in MA, and maybe have some interaction with the DMV.

Reactions: mswlogo
In your case, I don't follow how they are asking you for money after the sale is complete and the product is in-hand. I guess they are a dealer in MA, and maybe have some interaction with the DMV.

I know, signed sealed and delivered. Then WTF. People say just ignore it, right...

Here is something way more trivial and now it’s costing me.

I had a 3 line unlimited Verizon Plan. Co-worker learned that “prepaid” was cheaper. So I tried it, big mistake. After 4 hours on the phone it was done. Couple weeks later I learn, it’s not the same (not gonna go into it, but it has to do with roaming). So I switched back. Another 4 hour call. Several techs.

Ok no big deal. But in this ridiculous process you actually had to get your phone numbers ported between normal Verizon and Prepaid Verizon. It’s like it’s a separate company. They had a hard time doing it because they created 3 NEW lines first with the new plan and then port our original numbers in over temp numbers (like a new customer from another carrier). But he said it was done wrong and he had to “do it over”. Well that’s where things went to hell. They created 6 lines and ported our numbers to one set correctly. The others just hung out there. No way to access those lines.

I get an automated call from Verizon a couple days later to contact them. It immediately switches to a call to back to them when I pickup. It says, all reps are busy right now, you need to call back later. It called me!!!

Any way I decided to just ignore it. The lines never went active. My wife just informed me Verizon is transferring it to a collection agency. It’s only been one month, it’s like $150.00 and now it will probably hit my credit rating which is perfect. And obviously I don’t owe them a dime.

What do you think will happen if I just ignore a company that thinks I owe them $2000? You can’t leave *sugar* like thus hanging. It will bite you. I call and try to fix it and they say they have 3 departments investigating.

Hello just place a F’n order on your own web site with a trade and look at how it’s done.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Your attitude here is pathetic... Yes, yes I know in your eyes Tesla can do no wrong and blah blah blah but for the love of... You are in NO position to tell someone else how they should feel about something, much less insult them because they aren't following your commands to think differently.

Tesla as a company is a DUMPSTER FIRE... It's getting worse, not better, and if you have stock in this company right now you're either crazy or refuse to see the obvious wall Tesla is speeding directly towards. This company is broken, and it's fully of incompetent and corrupt people who are only making things worse...

Jeff

Jeff,
Serious question here. I do have some TSLA that I bought at higher price that what it is now. What a mistake that was, but what's done is done. If you were me, would you just sell at a loss, before the stock price REALLY tanks? Or do you just hold on and HOPE it'll rise at some future time? At least if I sell now, I can deduct the losses come April 2020.
Thanks,

Ok, now I really know what happened.

I placed an order through the web site right after a demo and right up front I said with trade, gave my VIN number etc.

System always showed the correct balance due with trade in tax discounts etc.

I go to pick it up and they say the computer won't let them process it as a trade only as cash.

So they, in the service center, wrote one up by hand.

My wife reminded me that I had called out there was no trade in on the document but the taxes were falsified (with no backing of why they were "altered" to reflect the trade, but there was no mention of trade-in on the document). That falsified document was never given to me upon leaving and probably in the dust bin and never reflected in their computer.

So the computer system thinks I bought it with no trade but they still took the trade value into consideration but not the taxes (officially in the computer system). So this got flagged by the penny pushers at headquarters and they said you owe us those taxes.

Then they (Corporate Headquarters Finance) flat out lied to me saying that Tesla does not discount the taxes on trade and wanted me to pay for the service center falsifying documents that never end up reflected in the system. Yet I have a copy of Friends Order Agreement clearly showing how it's done by Tesla in MA.

This is not incompetency, or snake oil, this is downright illegal what they did, by multiple parties at Tesla and make me feel like *sugar* for buying their $100K Vehicle.

The lack of Apple Carplay / Android Auto has me hating the ride as I fumble with my phone constantly to play media and make calls.
You seem really overdependent on Apple Carplay / Android Auto and also seem to be making bad choices about what to do with your hands while driving.

I make phone calls and play music in my car without touching my phone physically. If I want to play music stored on my phone, I find somewhere to park for < a minute to start the music player on my phone and select it in Tesla's music app; after doing so prev / next track buttons on the steering wheel work fine.

I guess I'm just missing some magical part of the experience. If I am, and it makes me like your posts sounds, I'm glad I've never used it because I don't want to be another hazard person on the road.

• Disagree
Reactions: sllvgl
You seem really overdependent on Apple Carplay / Android Auto and also seem to be making bad choices about what to do with your hands while driving.

I make phone calls and play music in my car without touching my phone physically. If I want to play music stored on my phone, I find somewhere to park for < a minute to start the music player on my phone and select it in Tesla's music app; after doing so prev / next track buttons on the steering wheel work fine.

I guess I'm just missing some magical part of the experience. If I am, and it makes me like your posts sounds, I'm glad I've never used it because I don't want to be another hazard person on the road.

I personally don't care if a car has Apply CarPlay or not as long as it fills in all the Gaps CarPlay does.

A big one is Verbal Two way TTS Messaging, which allows less risk of messing with a phone or pulling over to just say (I'm driving, talk to you later).

Also streaming through the phone (wire) is much higher quality than through bluetooth.

And more often than not, I like Google Maps alternative routes when there are accidents and traffic.

Some of these can be fixed without CarPlay. More Streaming Services, Integrated TTS SMS (My Jeep had that without CarPlay), And more Google-ish stuff like alternate routes).

On my CarPlay Cars I just automatically plug in and never have to pull over and look at the phone or touch the phone. With Tesla sometimes I have to. You even stated an example sometimes you can't pull over for while. And sometimes you get sucked into doing something with the phone you shouldn't. With CarPlay that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
This sounds like progress. What next steps do you intend to take?

I was seriously thinking of paying it then contacting the state Attorney General and see what they think.

The Headquarter Finance guys statement of "We don't give you the taxes on Trade" basically says that Tesla pockets it instead of passing it to the customer because they don't owe those taxes to the RMV. I believe normally Tesla does do the tax break thing, but he tried to bully me into paying.

And falsifying the Order Agreement, not providing a copy to the customer and basically tossing it, doesn't look good either.

My only proof is the documents from the Tesla Finance guy that contradicts themselves and proves there is something fishy with an Order Agreement showing it Collecting ALL Taxes with no Trade along with other Proof that a trade existed.

And you know what I signed matched the total I paid before I left, because the Delivery Center is not gonna let you leave without paying in full on what you just signed.

Last edited:
Follow up.

Got an email from Tesla. Basically they are saying they are going to “write off” what I owe them. Not correct the problem, but essentially record it as not paid but they will do me a favor and eat it.

No apology or anything. Like they are doing me a favor and I should be thanking them for their F’n mess.

Asked for written (postal) confirmation be sent to me. No response.

I also put a request into the DMV to find out what taxes were paid on my behalf. I’ll be the correct taxes were paid (which won’t match my online order agreement).

Follow up.

I also put a request into the DMV to find out what taxes were paid on my behalf. I’ll be the correct taxes were paid (which won’t match my online order agreement).

Finally talked to DMV to find out how much taxes were actually paid.

They said, did you look at your registration !! Ugh

So the proof that Tesla was Full Of It was right in my Glove Box all along.

In a Nut Shell the Registration (Provided by Massachusetts Tesla Service Center) says they Paid ~$4000.00 (it factored in the Trade correctly)

But the Order Agreement online and sent to me by this Idiot Russel as proof from Tesla says Tesla Paid ~$6000.00 and that I owed them the difference of $2000.

Reactions: user212_nr

In a Nut Shell the Registration (Provided by Massachusetts Tesla Service Center) says they Paid ~$4000.00 (it factored in the Trade correctly)

But the Order Agreement online and sent to me by this Idiot Russel as proof from Tesla says Tesla Paid ~$6000.00 and that I owed them the difference of $2000.

Wow....

Wow!