TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla at 2014 Los Angeles Auto show

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by art, Aug 30, 2014.

1. art

art Member

will we see a refreshed model s at the la auto show? refreshed front end? battery pack upgrade? interior refresh? optional 4 wheel drive? have fun.

2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Active Member

I doubt it, particularly when one considers the fact that the Model S has already been 'refreshed' in so many ways since its inception and Tesla is busy doing a million other things.

3. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Nope, but we might see a refreshed Model X preproduction model. On the earnings call earlier this month they said they were about to produce the first production intent Model X, as opposed to the hand-built prototype that's been making the rounds for nearly two years. I'm hopeful it gets unveiled soon, and this seems like the perfect venue.

4. art

art Member

just thinking all four might be interghangable between s and x and easier on the assembly line?

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

The LA Auto Show is not until Nov. 21st, running til the 30th. That would be pretty late in the game to be showing a refreshed Model X preproduction model. I hope by then I've seen a production intent version and dies are being made for the first round testing.

6. chickensevil

chickensevil Active Member

You really think the Beta will be out before then? I thought all they said was by the end of the year... Given Tesla time that would likely mean December, right? :p

I am hoping for an October reveal and planning for a December one... Just in case.

7. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Maybe a Model S AWD. None of the others you suggest.

8. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

The Saleen FourSixteen will probably be there. I doubt that Tesla Motors will have a presence at the show.