Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at 24 Heures du Mans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations on finally getting into a Roadster - no one deserves it more than you !

Excellent write up and great homage photo - that's the kinda thing I do to :)

At the Le Mans event, did you get accosted by a bloke in a blue Esprit Turbo? .. I was supposed to be going this year with him and a load of other Lotus nuts, but something else came up that was a tad important and I had to cancel :-(

What is the general countrywide charging infrastructure like in France? .. do they have Le Ecotricity .. or ZCW type organisations ?

Thanks all.

PV4EV - I didn't see any Lotus Esprits but plenty of Elise / Exige variants.

I would say that outside of Paris, in respect to EV charging France is about 18 months to 2 years behind the UK. There are several regional operators and the one in the Le Mans area (etotem : borne de charge pour vlectriques) seemed disinterested - it took 2 weeks to reply to my inquiry about getting a card, by which time I was there and charging in the camp site.

There is a big roll out going on with Auchan supermarkets and Nissan. They have said they will install 130 rapid chargers of the type that Ecotricity have rolled out. I wonder if this was delayed due to the problems we have seen with those units in the UK? Anyway, that is happening now and you need a card called KiWhi Pass to use them.

As I mentioned above, Novotel have several sites with free to use 32A charge points and I have asked Accor hotels if they can give me a complete list of locations that have it, as at the moment it's pot luck if you select a hotel on their web site and the EV icon pops up.

There is a nationwide network of municipal motorhome sites, many of which have 16A hookups. You can find these on AireCampingCar.com: All the Motorhome stopovers, throughout France

Renault and Nissan dealers can be accomodating with other makes of car too, but phone ahead and you will need the Type 3 cable to plug in there.

Of course, in Paris you are spoiled because you can plug a Roadster into the Autolib charging points if you have their card, of which there are thousands of points across the city.

Last edited:
Took the Roadster to Le Mans again this year. Unlike some other cars, it made the trip without stopping short.

P1170249smalledit.jpg

20160620_231131.jpg

Reactions: AtAge19 and doug