Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at Kaneohe Air Show - Oct 17-18, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard over the weekend that the P90D Ludicrous will be racing one of the jets! Who's up for a meet-up that weekend? Probably Sunday. More details to follow.

Wow, what a great way to show off the acceleration of this car to tens of thousands! At the Reno Air Races, a jet dragster races a plane and it is a popular event. A meet-up would be fun. Iceman and I may be back from the mainland by then.

Wow, what a great way to show off the acceleration of this car to tens of thousands! At the Reno Air Races, a jet dragster races a plane and it is a popular event. A meet-up would be fun. Iceman and I may be back from the mainland by then.

Haven't checked your blog in a couple days...am assuming you are done with the 49 states? The big Q is which Tesla are you keeping?

Haven't checked your blog in a couple days...am assuming you are done with the 49 states? The big Q is which Tesla are you keeping?

Ah, Nanimac, you had to ask THE tough question. As you can imagine, I love the 70D with the 2nd gen seats and all the new bells and whistles. If I lived on the mainland it would not be a question. If I decide to sell the 70D, it will be early next year. If I get a good price for it, I'll obviously go with my 40. If I take too much of a hit in price, I will keep the 70D and sell the 40. My guess is that I will be able to get a good price for the 70D because even with 18,000 miles, it still looks like a new car. The combination of Xpel and Opticoat did a fabulous job of protecting the paint. I am very impressed.

Heard over the weekend that the P90D Ludicrous will be racing one of the jets! Who's up for a meet-up that weekend? Probably Sunday. More details to follow.

I know nanimac will disagree, but I think Saturday will be the best day too go. the key to the Kaneohe bay air show is to arrive early. if you wait too long the line gets backed up waaaaaay down the highway and parking is a long way from the flight line. it is best to arrive as early in the morning as possible and get good parking. we should also bring food and refreshments. the concession lines are long and expensive.

Parking
chairs
Shade
water
food

Last edited:
here is a link to the 2015 Kaneohe Bay Airshow Schedule
Whatever day it will be packed. Friday, Saturday or Sunday
I think something is missing from the event sponsors page...
Capture.PNG

Do we know when the Model S P90D is racing the jet?

Lani's supposed to email me to let me know.

My guess is that this is what Tesla brings to the airshow...

Is that at the SC?

she did say it was blue with a tesla racing stripe on the side. I suggested putting blue angels graphics on it. she hinted at other things but you know how tesla is. NDA for this:frown: NDA for that:mad: NDA for going into an empty room.:confused: