Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at Kaneohe Air Show - Oct 17-18, 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did he say what day/time they're racing?

He said its at least once each day. The K-Bay event is timed down to 15-30 second intervals. He does not know exactly when. He said they have changed it several times and likely will change it many more. So, just don't know. I hope someone video records it and posts it on YT for everyone including TM folks. Doug said nothing has been done like this before. (Cool).

He said its at least once each day. The K-Bay event is timed down to 15-30 second intervals. He does not know exactly when. He said they have changed it several times and likely will change it many more. So, just don't know. I hope someone video records it and posts it on YT for everyone including TM folks. Doug said nothing has been done like this before. (Cool).

And did anyone mention that we were going to stay at Akikiki's place overnight to get an early start (before traffic):scared: Just kidding. or am I.:biggrin:

Can somebody get a video of the race between the P90D and jet and then post it on youtube? I will be on the mainland this weekend and will miss all the fun. At least I'll have lanekeeping with software 7.0 to keep me occupied. Consider your vantage point. You want to be somewhat down-race of the starting point. If you get too far down the racecourse the jet will obviously take the lead. Probably about a third of the way from the start to the finish line would be a good perspective.

Last edited:
Can somebody get a video of the race between the P90D and jet and then post it on youtube? I will be on the mainland this weekend and will miss all the fun. At least I'll have lanekeeping with software 7.0 to keep me occupied. Consider your vantage point. You want to be somewhat down-race of the starting point. If you get too far down the racecourse the jet will obviously take the lead. Probably about a third of the way from the start to the finish line would be a good perspective.

hopefully someone from the SC will film it.

hopefully someone from the SC will film it.

I will hopefully be able to take a video, but it would be better if we had a few people from different vantage points. and then have someone splice them together.

I will hopefully be able to take a video, but it would be better if we had a few people from different vantage points. and then have someone splice them together.

You think it's worth it to buy a box or grandstand seat for better viewing?
go ahead, and perpetuate the image that Tesla owners are all rich. for me I will stay true to my working heritage and try to sneak in.
also, if you get there early and stake out a good spot you can get a decent view. but if you get up to go anywhere the crowd will swarm over your spot unless you are there with a group.
with the restrictions on cooler size you will definitely need to get up and go somewhere to eat/drink.

I think the box seats at $20 are a better value than the $15 grand stand seats. you are in front of the grand stand, closer to the runway fence and you can sit in a group with a cooler and comfortable chairs vs. the grand stand just gets you higher and is a hard wooden bench.
how many seats are in the box. my guess is that we would need "that" many to make it worth it.

of course the flight deck chalet at $50 has unlimited bottled water and a show program.

for those high rollers like nanimac there is the devil dog chalet ($65) BBQ Lunch, afternoon snack, unlimited water and soft drinks. (two tickets to get one preferred parking pass) and a hat.

Last edited:
go ahead, and perpetuate the image that Tesla owners are all rich. for me I will stay true to my working heritage and try to sneak in.
also, if you get there early and stake out a good spot you can get a decent view. but if you get up to go anywhere the crowd will swarm over your spot unless you are there with a group.
with the restrictions on cooler size you will definitely need to get up and go somewhere to eat/drink.

I think the box seats at $20 are a better value than the $15 grand stand seats. you are in front of the grand stand, closer to the runway fence and you can sit in a group with a cooler and comfortable chairs vs. the grand stand just gets you higher and is a hard wooden bench.

I'm up for the $20 box seats on Sunday. But where? Looks like a bunch of seats available on the map.

I'm up for the $20 box seats on Sunday. But where? Looks like a bunch of seats available on the map.

does Tesla have a corporate chalet? if so do they have any preferred parking passes available?
for the box seats... looking at the big layout picture. the box seats are farthest from the blue angels parking spots. way past the big shot/corporate seating/display areas.
Flight deck chalet or Devil dog chalet are closest to the blue angels parking spots.

called and found out no corporate parking passes available.
tesla will be set up in Zone 3 behind the Devil Dog Chalet.
box seats will not be close to the tesla display.

Last edited:
does Tesla have a corporate chalet? if so do they have any preferred parking passes available?
for the box seats... looking at the big layout picture. the box seats are farthest from the blue angels parking spots. way past the big shot/corporate seating/display areas.
Flight deck chalet or Devil dog chalet are closest to the blue angels parking spots.

called and found out no corporate parking passes available.
tesla will be set up in Zone 3 behind the Devil Dog Chalet.
box seats will not be close to the tesla display.

$50 - $65 is out of my price range for this... I could get a new pair of shoes for that! :p

How about we just hang out at the Tesla booth and try to sneak a peek from there?

NEW TIME FOR THE P90D RACE!! Time has been changed to around 1:30PM instead on both days. Hoping for good weather too!
I've included a view of the grandstands.
Mos_Espa_Grand_Arena2.png

and here is what it will be racing.:biggrin:
Podrace2.png