TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla at the 2009 LA Auto Show

Discussion in 'News' started by A-E, Dec 2, 2009.

1. A-E

A-E Vendor

For those of you that would like to see the "World's Most Bespoke Tesla" it will be on display at the L.A. Auto downstairs in Kentia Hall in the Al & Eds Autosound booth. Please stop by and check it out or for more information please go to Al & Ed’s Autosound West Hollywood Store » Tesla Motors

Attached Files:

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

be⋅spoke

–adjective 2. British. a. (of clothes) made to individual order; custom-made: a bespoke jacket.

3. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

#3 DrTaras, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    I will be there to see what you've done and so I can see what we want to do!
    Will you have the A-E 2010 calendars there?

4. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

#4 DrTaras, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    Tesla MIA?

I went to the 2009 LA Auto Show. My mistake. There was no Tesla presence there (except in the Al & Ed's Booth). In the Yokohama booth sits a Prius where the Roadster was 2 years ago. Since I was wearing some Tesla gear, people were randomly coming up to me and asking me where the Tesla booth was as they were interested in the 'S.' Fisker had a big presence even though he had 2 cars, neither of which are yet ready for prime time. Tesla: Opportunity lost? :confused:

5. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Definitely an opportunity lost. But it is also an expensive opportunity.
    The only reason Tesla when to the Detroit Auto Show was because the space was extremely cheap, due to everyone else dropping out.

The LA Auto Show is also one of those expensive shows. Perhaps it was just determined that the cost is not worth it.

6. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

How can Fisker, a company with no production cars and only two pretty non-working concept cars, find the cost to attend the show justifiable while Tesla, a profitable company with actual production vehicles, find it "too expensive" to attend the show? Bad move on Tesla's part. :frown:

7. Tim

Tim Member

Imho Fisker is all hat and no cattle. Although I agree that Tesla probably missed an opportunity.

8. BucketsAndBrunch

I think it has to do with the fact that if they want their cars to be a success, they're going to need ALL the promotion they can get (and I'd imagine L.A. is one of their most important markets) seeing that they are trying to sell an idea that hasn't been done before.

9. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

They can also make a lot more Karmas than Teslas Roadsters and since they got higher costs and lower margins they NEED to sell a big lot as soon as they go off the production line. Tesla doesn't seem to have a big problem with the cars piling up. Hence until they've got the Model S closer to production they are back in some sort of stealth mode I suppose...

Cobos