TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Tesla at the America's Cup

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by PeterW, Sep 16, 2013.

1. PeterW

PeterW Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    It is probably a bit late to ask this, but is Telsa doing anything to promote itself around the America's Cup?

I would have thought it might have been a good idea to have some presence there. I know the Tesla does not need to promote themselves to generate demand at this moment in time; I just thought that there are probably a lot of very rich and very influencial people involved and following the America's Cup and it may present opportunities for Tesla.
  2. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Lexus is the official auto sponsor and there are cars with America's Cup marking everywhere in SF. I'm sure the the AC backers would be plenty piqued if other companies are trying to be very visible above the official sponsors.

With that said, this is SF and the events are already basically held in the most moneyed neighborhoods of the city. There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of Model S owners driving around. I drive these neighborhoods every day and I usually spot one or two every time.
  3. Kraken

Kraken Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Voltageville, CA
    We were at the journey concert tonight and the only tesla representation I saw was the jackets we were wearing and the model s in prime parking a couple blocks away.

We did have on lady tell us she was buying an x though. It did seem like very prime tesla real estate and aPerfect match (even the tesl jackets fit in well), but Lexus is unlikely to give up their grip and they were everywhere.