Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at the AutoShow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited the Toronto Auto Show (Canadian International Auto Show) today and was pleasantly surprised to see the official Tesla booth amongst all of the high end McLaren's, Ferrari's, Maserati's, and the $1.9 million Pagani Huayra. The amazing thing is that the Tesla P85D is just as fast as the Pagani and most of the cars on the exotica floor and can be had for a fraction of the price! Got a chance to chat with Aaron and try out the new next gen performance seats - very comfortable and supportive. Wonder if I can retrofit?

I was pleased with some new entrants in the EV space such as the Kia Soul EV, i3, Bolt, Volt, but disappointed in many of the other automakers with a lack of plugin hybrids. Chrysler nothing. Nothing new from Toyota. Lexus has nothing . Honda not much. Nothing new from Ford. They are all muscle cars and trucks now. Good to see the Audi A3 plugin hybrid but what were they thinking when they put the charge port and some buttons in the front grill like they did? Do they not hope to sell any in cold wintery climates?

I was not impressed with the complexity of the Hyundai Tucson (see pics) fuel cell vehicle. Impressive technology for sure but how can it be cost effective, practical, or performance oriented given the massive front motor assembly and the space constraining cylindrical dual tanks?

My takeaway from the show is that Tesla is still years ahead and all other cars seem antiquated with all their parts and buttons and small screens. Go Tesla!

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5122.JPG
IMG_5123.JPG