Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla at the LA Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla says they're located in the Yokohama booth. Looking at the exhibitor chart ( http://www.laautoshow.com/2007/portals/0/2007_Floor_plans_R4.pdf ), that means they're basically by the front door.

That's a fantastic spot. Notably, you have to walk past the Tesla / Yokohama booth to get to the Porsche section :)

One of you California people needs to go there and take a bunch of photos :)

-Ryan

I saw them last year in what seems to be the same exact spot.
I personally think that this is a bad spot for them and they should be in the concourse hall with the exotics such as ferrari and lamborghini and lotus. I think by seperating themselves, they are not appearing as an alternative but as something completely different. They should market this car, imo, as an exotics sports car, not as a green electric car.
Also by appearing under the name yokohama, they look like they are not a serious company. I felt like they appeared to be some project that isn't serious when in reality the "tesla motors" project is possislby one of the most serious undertakings in automotive history.
But thats all just my opinion.

I saw them last year in what seems to be the same exact spot.
I personally think that this is a bad spot for them and they should be in the concourse hall with the exotics such as ferrari and lamborghini and lotus. I think by seperating themselves, they are not appearing as an alternative but as something completely different. They should market this car, imo, as an exotics sports car, not as a green electric car.
Also by appearing under the name yokohama, they look like they are not a serious company. I felt like they appeared to be some project that isn't serious when in reality the "tesla motors" project is possislby one of the most serious undertakings in automotive history.
But thats all just my opinion.

While I agree with what you are saying, I can't argue with Tesla getting into the auto shows for nothing either. And since they are completely sold out of the 2008 models already, I don't see why they need to invest in advertising - yet.

To me, putting the roadster with the rest of the exotics is very important if Tesla motors wants to continue to appeal to people wanting something exotic. People need to know that they are for real just like lamborghini and ferrari and I think this would help the future models a lot, especially the whitestar.

On the other hand I do understand that they have limited resources and they may not see this as the best way to be spending there resources at the moment.

I agree that piggybacking the Roadster to a tire booth is less than glamorous but at the same time the exotics seem to be out of the prime areas stuck in a less-than-glamorous hallway anyway.

Tesla don't need to do anything, they've sold out of all the 2008 cars. By the time they finish making the 2009 cars, they'll be sold out too. Once a few Porsche/lambo/ferrari/jag/maser owners get pants at the lights, they'll know what a tesla is. I can't see Tesla needing to advertise till well into 2010 at least.

Tesla don't need to do anything, they've sold out of all the 2008 cars. By the time they finish making the 2009 cars, they'll be sold out too. Once a few Porsche/lambo/ferrari/jag/maser owners get pants at the lights, they'll know what a tesla is. I can't see Tesla needing to advertise till well into 2010 at least.

To a large extent that's true, but remember the Roadster is also a "halo car" for the brand, and they will be planning to sell a lot of WhiteStars starting in 2010.

Now they have Dealer Plates (DLR68106), not just Manufacturer Plates (MFG63277) like we usually have seen before.

2048303716_ef4ad2203d.jpg

2048303750_aa8027403e.jpg