Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla attacks heating up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A decade behind? Really? I can't see where a charging network would be a big deal for any of them. They are relatively easy to deploy minus the permitting and everything.
Yes, a decade. None of the manufacturers you mention can make more than 20k or 30k pure EVs a year and they have not even started to work toward increasing that number. Tesla has been the leader in a real, robust fast charging network and it has taken them years to get close to 10,000 plugs world wide. The other manufacturers are not even interested in fast charging infrastructure, let alone have any kind of sensible plan for a network in the future.

I can say one thing. I've had a lot of first time experiences with Tesla that have taught me some important lessons. First time buying an electric car, first time having to get a company to buy a car back right after purchase, first time having my car in service for 6 weeks, first time having to file for a lemon law and finally the first time having my car try to wreck itself.
When did you get your Tesla? An amazing amount of bad luck in 6 months, assuming you got it about the same time you joined TMC.

I think once Jaguar, Porsche and VW start rolling out their electric cars Tesla won't stand a chance. The main reason they have done so well is that their customer base is relatively small and they didn't have competition in this area. If the M3's have as many issues as many owners of the MS and MX have had they won't be able to keep up with the repair costs. Tesla has been cut some major slack by it's buyers because they were a new company and pretty exclusive. Once people have a choice other than Tesla I feel they will lose quite a bit of business. Telsa fans can argue this as much as they want but just watch and see.

As if Jaguar or VW does not have their issues. The main manufacturers have recalls all the time. Reason you hear more about Tess's issues is that Tesla is being viewed under a microscope all the time.

The traditional manufacturers will be pushing ICE's for a long time to come. Reason being that they have huge sunk costs in their manufacturing plants. Even if EV's are more compelling -- which will be very soon -- they rather sell ICE's at a loss, just to make-up for these sunk costs.

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
As if Jaguar or VW does not have their issues. The main manufacturers have recalls all the time. Reason you hear more about Tess's issues is that Tesla is being viewed under a microscope all the time.

The traditional manufacturers will be pushing ICE's for a long time to come. Reason being that they have huge sunk costs in their manufacturing plants. Even if EV's are more compelling -- which will be very soon -- they rather sell ICE's at a loss, just to make-up for these sunk costs.
ICE vehicles will be sold for a long long time because millions of people are unable to charge in their current living situation which isn't going to change overnight.