Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla attacks heating up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No matter how hard they try, they won't be able to pull a Tucker or DeLorean move this time.

As a long time (former) Delorean owner, let's hope not. Delorean was framed by the FBI because he lived a lavish lifestyle -- dated super models and flew the Concorde often... let's just hope Detroit and the FBI don't go after Musk the same way.

No matter how hard they try, they won't be able to pull a Tucker or DeLorean move this time.

Tucker won his SEC trial but it was too late, as he had been Tuckered in the press while the trial was dragged out by prosecution. His defense called no witnesses: "It is impossible to present a defense when there has been no offense."
This time around, Koch Brothers are trying to use the press, buying ink at a rate of $10 Million a year.

Can't decide on the catchier tag...
#KochsTuckers
#BrotherTuckers

I think once Jaguar, Porsche and VW start rolling out their electric cars Tesla won't stand a chance. The main reason they have done so well is that their customer base is relatively small and they didn't have competition in this area. If the M3's have as many issues as many owners of the MS and MX have had they won't be able to keep up with the repair costs. Tesla has been cut some major slack by it's buyers because they were a new company and pretty exclusive. Once people have a choice other than Tesla I feel they will lose quite a bit of business. Telsa fans can argue this as much as they want but just watch and see.

I think once Jaguar, Porsche and VW start rolling out compelling electric cars, their ICE vehicles won't stand a chance.

Fixed that for you. The notion that there is some small and finite 'electric vehicle' market of a fixed size and that Tesla will somehow be displaced and 'crushed' by this amazing competition. Is frankly laughable and short-sighted. What is actually going to happen is that the emergence of compelling EVs from other manufacturers will help expand the EV market. It will grow interest in EVs from all manufacturers, including Tesla... And if you really think Tesla are going to have issues dealing with these Tesla competitors (not Tesla Killers) then frankly you don't know Tesla. You've been soured by some bad experience and have spread your own pent up negativity. But you clearly have a very blurred and inaccurate vision of the future.

I think once Jaguar, Porsche and VW start rolling out their electric cars Tesla won't stand a chance. The main reason they have done so well is that their customer base is relatively small and they didn't have competition in this area. If the M3's have as many issues as many owners of the MS and MX have had they won't be able to keep up with the repair costs. Tesla has been cut some major slack by it's buyers because they were a new company and pretty exclusive. Once people have a choice other than Tesla I feel they will lose quite a bit of business. Telsa fans can argue this as much as they want but just watch and see.
I don't think Tesla will lose customers, but the growth will eventually slow down. If Tesla plans to always sell cars at entry level luxury prices and up, then they will never touch the majority
of the auto market. At some point, big auto will start churning out $20,000 electric vehicles where you don't have to wait 2 months to get a replacement part and you don't have to drive
200 miles to a service center.

Reactions: GreenT and adaptabl
I can say one thing. I've had a lot of first time experiences with Tesla that have taught me some important lessons. First time buying an electric car, first time having to get a company to buy a car back right after purchase, first time having my car in service for 6 weeks, first time having to file for a lemon law and finally the first time having my car try to wreck itself.

That's laughable. They are a decade behind on tech and have zero plans for a real charging network.

Fixed that for you. The notion that there is some small and finite 'electric vehicle' market of a fixed size and that Tesla will somehow be displaced and 'crushed' by this amazing competition. Is frankly laughable and short-sighted. What is actually going to happen is that the emergence of compelling EVs from other manufacturers will help expand the EV market. It will grow interest in EVs from all manufacturers, including Tesla... And if you really think Tesla are going to have issues dealing with these Tesla competitors (not Tesla Killers) then frankly you don't know Tesla. You've been soured by some bad experience and have spread your own pent up negativity. But you clearly have a very blurred and inaccurate vision of the future.

Tesla can't even make good on most of their promises. They sell ideas instead of products most of the time and then end up letting their customer base down when they fail to deliver. Explain to me how exactly Tesla will stand up to these major car makers with their current mind set and quality.

Tesla can't even make good on most of their promises. They sell ideas instead of products most of the time and then end up letting their customer base down when they fail to deliver. Explain to me how exactly Tesla will stand up to these major car makers with their current mind set and quality.
Just look at all of the 2015 e-Trons Audi sold....

Nonsense.
Tesla was again number one in customer satisfaction

Sour grapes methinks

Tesla have real products that the vast majority of owners love. They are constantly improving the experience with OTA updates. Elon Musk responds to ideas and concerns about his baby (the Model 3) in a way that no other company CEO does or will do. The competition has... Drawings, concepts and prototypes. Think you're having some logic failure with your arguments here.