Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla AU site cheap model S inventories 7 x 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the standard range having more range than the 75D and now even being discontinued those prices don't seem that amazing. They seem in line with what they should be with maybe a few thousand off. Every chance they are showroom models so have had a few people sit in them and poke them. Nothing to really be concerned with.

One other thought, with the recent price cuts a number or people likely cancelled and reordered. Could be some excess stocks as a result. The few with 1000km may have been returned workin the 7 day window.

Its a good deal, not knocking it, its the lowest entry price to a New model S I've seen. But the Standard range and the 75D are not the same. The SR uses the same "pack" as the LR (which is the 100D) but is missing 2 battery banks. It is closer in reality to a modern day 85D. So if new SRs were going for $130ish in the flash sale this is just in line with that but for the discount of the slightly less range.

Tesla needs to sell a lot more vehicles to keep the turnover blood flowing through their veins. Last quarters delivered vehicle numbers has seemingly had quite a negative effect, and especially on Panasonic which supply the batteries and have reportedly begun freezing their expansion plans. The juggle now will be to produce and sell the most cars with an optimum price whilst staying profitable. Maybe the proposed new US rebate program will go a long way to help. TSLA is showing signs of weakness and technically needs to stay above $250.

Hmm, they called mine an SR in the emails, the delivery ones. I don’t think I’d pay extra 10k for little extra range. The entry price was above my budget anyway so I had to stretch :)

In any case, SR is gone from the calculator and inventory models will be gone soon. Current entry price with LR is more like $140k plus. Think my Config is like $155 in LR. That’s a serious difference for extra 150km range and little else.

Hmm, they called mine an SR in the emails, the delivery ones. I don’t think I’d pay extra 10k for little extra range. The entry price was above my budget anyway so I had to stretch :)

In any case, SR is gone from the calculator and inventory models will be gone soon. Current entry price with LR is more like $140k plus. Think my Config is like $155 in LR. That’s a serious difference for extra 150km range and little else.

Will be interesting to see what your badge says and what your actual range is. The 75D should have a range of 417km and the Sr 435km. Nothing to get excited about.

If you do have an Sr you may have the option to software unlock it (for a fee) down the line. Ask if you can, if they say yes and there is a 100kw pack inside you can safely charge to 100% every day.

API says 75 and so does battery sticker under the car. It was built mid Jan. It is a second car and range is certainly not a priority. The acceleration is addictive though. It became the primary weekend car overnight. I compared it to E class and X3 I was looking at before. At my price it was almost a bargain considering performance and all the features included.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Great! It's a wonderful car, the acceleration won't get old. Why a weekend car? It's a perfect every day car too. My p100d is our only car, it does the school pickup every day and shopping. I got it wrapped so I don't need to be precious and plug it in every night waking up to a full tank is so convenient!

API says 75 and so does battery sticker under the car. It was built mid Jan. It is a second car and range is certainly not a priority. The acceleration is addictive though. It became the primary weekend car overnight. I compared it to E class and X3 I was looking at before. At my price it was almost a bargain considering performance and all the features included.
Bmw x3 is a joke. Mine used to self accelerate without my input, as in flat out. Still remember it going flat out along a main adelaide road with my foot clearly planted on the brake, and yes I did look and see my foot clearly planted on the brake, or the time it accelersted through a carpark once again with foot on the brake. BMW refused to acknowledge the problem even though it was all over google, and the australian authorities refused to deal with it unless I had photographic proof. Bmw deleted the logs to remove proof of the problem. So I sold the dangerous piece of rubbish and bought a tesla model S. It does as I ask, although I had to stop utilising the acceleration as my licence points were getting in bad shape, and the back of my head was starting to hurt.

Hmm, car exactly in my spec is available for $113 drive away. Great saving. I’m somewhat sorry that I didn’t wait and save a bit more but on the bright side I might be able to upgrade to a P100D at similar price in few years at this rate. :)

About half of these inventory cars are now gone, so it looks like a few people have picked up some bargains.
It's not doing much for the resale of my own S75D :)
I considered getting one myself, but I have a feeling they are rushing them out because a substantial refresh is coming (AP3?), or it could just be that the Standard Range is being discontinued.
Either way, the good news is that Teslas seem to be getting more and more affordable, and I plan to buy many more of them in the future so that suits me just fine.

The X75Ds are especially good buying.
I could use 6 seats at that price, but unfortunately I do too many long rural trips and the 75 pack in the X just won't cut it. I arrive <10% very frequently in my S75D.

Great! It's a wonderful car, the acceleration won't get old. Why a weekend car? It's a perfect every day car too. My p100d is our only car, it does the school pickup every day and shopping. I got it wrapped so I don't need to be precious and plug it in every night waking up to a full tank is so convenient!

Bit off topic but does plugging it in every night despite not being depleted reduce battery longevity at all?

ie. plugging in every day if there's still 60% battery left?

75D is the standard range which is now gone from builder tool. I got mine MS for $123k in NSW with white interior and metallic paint. You can get a deal as good while it lasts it seems. Plenty of inventory.

Was yours a MS 75D?

Reason I ask is because I'm considering a 2019 MS 75D from their inventory stock at the moment which looks like they've dropped the prices a bit (maybe due to the new upgrades being introduced in the S & X)

Bit off topic but does plugging it in every night despite not being depleted reduce battery longevity at all?

ie. plugging in every day if there's still 60% battery left?

Plugging it in every night is the recommended way to minimise degredation. You set it to a max daily limit of say 75-80 and it will only top up to that limit. The car will then often use wall power instead of the battery to power the mcu and climate controls. A battery will degrade relative to the number of cycles it gets plus an accelerated degradation factor based on how high you set your daily charge, how low you typically get to reach day and how frequently you fast charge.

100 lots of 1% charges from say 74% to 75% have much less of an impact than a single charge from 0-100% especially if that was at a super charger.

Reactions: LDCRS