Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla Auction" in California?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A used used car dealer on auto trader has listed a Tesla that he says was purchased at a "Tesla auction" in California. The Carfax shows corporate vehicle and that it was sold at auction. Is Tesla conducting their own auctions now? Or maybe this was thru a normal auto auction?

Some heavy depreciation on that car. One year old with 9k miles and being resold for a starting asking price of $36,000 off MSRP - probably could negotiate several thousand off of that.

Could have been purchased at a normal auction that happened to sell a TSLA. I just looked up to see anything around here and there are a ton of Tesla's up for auction. Some with clean title but damage most salvage. *sugar*, there is some of them for less than 10g. I figure people could buy them and resell certain parts for more?

A related observation: it appears to me the used market for both S and X has really softened a lot in the last couple of months. Looks like prices have come down a lot and many of these cars just aren't moving - on dealer lots or with private party sales.

I've seen a couple of articles recently on the used car glut forcing down prices. Maybe this is happening with Tesla, too.