Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Orca Ace is due to arrive in Singapore tomorrow but I don't think it will pick up the cars waiting for it. I think it will stop in Singapore then go up to Laem Chabang/Thailand then back to Singapore and pick up the 100 cars next Monday 27th.
We are getting closer but still so far :p

Is anyone planning to install a gen3 wall charger while waiting for the Tesla to arrive? If you can share details of an electrician within Perth that you have good experience with, that would be great
Would also be interested to hear, I had a few quotes from the Tesla recommended but were sitting at around 1k for a 3ph. That was just for install. Getting a general electrician coming around Friday see what they can do it for.

Would also be interested to hear, I had a few quotes from the Tesla recommended but were sitting at around 1k for a 3ph. That was just for install. Getting a general electrician coming around Friday see what they can do it for.
I obtained a quote today for $900 on a single-phase install by a general electrician near Cannington. This is for a basic install with no upgrade of switchboard, and with a 32-amp maximum charging capacity.

Orca Ace is due to arrive in Singapore tomorrow but I don't think it will pick up the cars waiting for it. I think it will stop in Singapore then go up to Laem Chabang/Thailand then back to Singapore and pick up the 100 cars next Monday 27th.
We are getting closer but still so far :p

Orca Ace is now heading to Laem Chabang/Thailand. It's draught did increase at Singapore to 8.4 but I don't think our cars are on there, they would just get in the way and take precious port time. Due to Thailand on 23th will unload and reload and head back to Singapore then onto Fremantle.

Orca Ace is now heading to Laem Chabang/Thailand. It's draught did increase at Singapore to 8.4 but I don't think our cars are on there, they would just get in the way and take precious port time. Due to Thailand on 23th will unload and reload and head back to Singapore then onto Fremantle.

This is the quality content I want to see here
Countdown is on! Hopefully updates from Tesla in the next week or so. Tighten that EDD up!

This is the quality content I want to see here
Countdown is on! Hopefully updates from Tesla in the next week or so. Tighten that EDD up!

I think we can self tighten :) We have an EDD of 25th March to April 15th if you're on Orca Ace shipment. Orca Ace is due to dock at Fremantle on 3rd April so we can immediately strike off anything before that. Then there might be some Easter slowdown so I'm thinking April 11-18th as reasonable window for pick ups and if it comes earlier than that I will treat it as a bonus.

Forgot about Easter .. maybe in a car by Anzac day
Noting how empty the delivery centre is now, I’ll be amazed if these 100 cars aren’t cleared within 2 weeks of getting to Fremantle. Optimistically could even see it done before Easter if everything goes well but starting from the 12th seems most likely.

For the people who were on the precious ace and are awaiting a transfer ship, the next one due after orca is palmela but that doesn’t line up with our dates. I suspect dugong ace which arrives in Thailand on the 12th might get redirected our way and arrive around that 24th of April mark with deliveries beginning 1st of May. Otherwise I’d say we will end up on wisdom ace due the 1st of May with deliveries the following week. Both these scenarios would also align with inventory cars that have been assigned in the last 24hrs with a new EDD of 28/4-19/5.

Noting how empty the delivery centre is now, I’ll be amazed if these 100 cars aren’t cleared within 2 weeks of getting to Fremantle. Optimistically could even see it done before Easter if everything goes well but starting from the 12th seems most likely.

For the people who were on the precious ace and are awaiting a transfer ship, the next one due after orca is palmela but that doesn’t line up with our dates. I suspect dugong ace which arrives in Thailand on the 12th might get redirected our way and arrive around that 24th of April mark with deliveries beginning 1st of May. Otherwise I’d say we will end up on wisdom ace due the 1st of May with deliveries the following week. Both these scenarios would also align with inventory cars that have been assigned in the last 24hrs with a new EDD of 28/4-19/5.
I think they may want to clear the 100 cars within 5 days before the next shipment of 500 cars.

Is anyone planning to install a gen3 wall charger while waiting for the Tesla to arrive? If you can share details of an electrician within Perth that you have good experience with, that would be great
I'm using a company SOR called West State Electrics. They're authorised Tesla product installers. My old man got them to do his Powerwall and wall charger, was the cheapest price comparative to others.

They also quoted me $860 to get the wall charger fully installed.

Didn't really look around at too many others.

Reactions: shadab
Orca Ace is on it's way back to Singapore to pick up the first 100 cars. It's draught has increased quite a lot to 9.9 so picked up a lot of cars in Thailand but will presumably offload some of them in Singapore, pick up ours and continue carrying the rest of them to deliver in Oz. Due to Singapore on Tuesday morning with a quick turnaround to leave same day to head to Fremantle.

The ETA to Fremantle has been fluctuating a little but should settle down I think once we have a confirmed departure from Singapore.

Reactions: shadab
For the 100 on Orca Ace, don't freak out that your EDD has changed to April 9-30th. This is simply a much more accurate start to the potential delivery window seeing as Orca isn't due to Fremantle until 4th April. All EDD windows at this level of confidence are 21 days long but I am quietly confident that we will be all picked up well before the 30th.

Your EDD may fluctuate more and will narrow down later and potentially still fluctuate annoyingly. Don't concentrate on the dates moving one day here and there. Just go with the flow and ignore it until you get your delivery booking SMS. Everything until then is in the hands of MolAce, Fremantle port, logistics and Tesla and outside of your control.

For the 100 on Orca Ace, don't freak out that your EDD has changed to April 9-30th. This is simply a much more accurate start to the potential delivery window seeing as Orca isn't due to Fremantle until 4th April. All EDD windows at this level of confidence are 21 days long but I am quietly confident that we will be all picked up well before the 30th.

Your EDD may fluctuate more and will narrow down later and potentially still fluctuate annoyingly. Don't concentrate on the dates moving one day here and there. Just go with the flow and ignore it until you get your delivery booking SMS. Everything until then is in the hands of MolAce, Fremantle port, logistics and Tesla and outside of your control.
Looking good, got nervous for a second seeing someone mention date changes on Facebook, sounds like Orca Ace is almost definite now but sadly looks like delivery will take place the Tuesday following Easter. Be a nice surprise to see deliveries happen beforehand but I doubt it.

For the other 500 still waiting in Singapore once Orca Ace and the 100 leave, still nothing to update. Dugong Ace is showing Singapore the 8th and Thailand the 12th, which lines it up perfectly for the current T Vessel on the 16th in Singapore, there's nothing else that shows the same date at this stage so will have to wait until the date gets closer in another week and a bit.