Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla auto pilot 2 progress thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I would like to see the cars in the other lanes, etc..., but I notice that despite not showing up in the IC, the car knows they are there when I try to auto lane change, and the lane change is both quicker and smoother than it was with AP1.
Actually the cars DO show up in other lanes when you turn your indicator on. I'm not sure why they leave them invisible at other times; perhaps they consider them a display distraction? What doesn't show up is any differentiation between different vehicle types - everything is a Tesla, and unfortunately they're not :(

I didn’t notice that but will check it out. I would also note that autopilot now seems to do a much better job when heading directly into the sun...something that caused my AP1 car to bounce around or require me to disengage before if I didn’t have a car ahead to follow. Seems less reliant on the blue car and sees the lanes better. Interesting to watch it improve quickly in that respect over the course of several days.