Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Automatically Cancelled Our Model Y Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I am certain this will resolve in OP'S favor, I am quite curious about how long it will take and how painful it will be.
For a company which claims to have no management barrier, it’s obvious there are plenty of process issues and it seems the front line sales does not have anyway to resolve issues expediciously. Frustrating like hell for sure.

Perhaps somebody just fat fingered an order number from a phone call.
Yes, it seems like it was that. Tesla did the right thing and credited BOTH $250 payments as I had to reorder it. It took a few phone calls and the Tesla Corporate HQ was not helpful. I credit this resolution to Matt Barnes in the Tesla San Diego UTC center. He was amazing! He is the one that I credit in resolving this.

Also, a nice surprise as my order said it wouldn't be ready until March or April 2022. I got a notice in my Tesla App 2 weeks ago that it would now be ready December 16-23. I was on vacation in Hawaii and wasn't able to close then so they said it would go to someone else but I guess that person wasn't ready to close.

The date in my App kept changing but they just finished building the car yesterday, December 21. It left me scrambling a bit as I didn't have the financing arranged but I'm a client of Alliant Credit Union and they are fabulous. They financed my previous Model S and my Model X and they are super quick. They are a partner of Tesla and they wired the funds today already!

It was great that everything is updated real time in the App so I could see as soon as they paid it. My closing is scheduled for December 26 so a nice Christmas present for my wife.

Very glad it worked out for you in the end and getting the car super early! Most others have to wait until the summer with your order date. Happy holidays and def. a nice bonus for the weekend!
Just a real-time update. I went to my scheduled closing appointment yesterday at the Carlsbad location. It was a real sh*t show. There were people everywhere. Tons and tons of people closing on a Sunday. Also, there was a lady that hit the update on her car so she couldn't drive it away. She said the progress wasn't moving. It seems no one told her to wait until there was wifi.

In my case, my banker at Alliant told me that I wouldn't have any issues. That they funded the loan on 12/20 and Tesla's app was showing as $0 due and what I assumed they meant they got it from Alliant already. My sales advisor was cc'd on all emails from Alliant saying the loan should fund on 12/20.

You can imagine my frustration when the guy at Tesla said that they didn't get the wire. I showed him my closing paperwork on my phone along with emails from Alliant showing the loan has been funded. I should have asked to speak to a manager.
I couldn't close yesterday.

I rescheduled for tomorrow and hoping there are no issues. I called Alliant today (12/27) as they were closed yesterday as it was a Sunday. Alliant said they are a preferred vendor with Tesla and they should have given me the car showing them the paperwork that I showed them. I'm not sure who is right or wrong. Does anyone know?

Very frustrating but scheduled to go back tomorrow and hope it's all sorted out. It just seems like a Zoo with them trying to close as many sales as possible before the end of the year.

Hmm, interesting. I picked up my 3 in March of 2020 from Carlsbad and while there were a lot of people there, the process was very smooth. They took care of some damages and replaced the bumper and spoiler same day and gave me a loaner so I could do my grocery work while they fixed the car.

I’m supposed to pick up the Y sometime this week from same location. Curious if it will be different and as bad as your experience when I go there.

I forgot the name of the manager at Carlsbad (assuming same guy still) and he was super nice and helpful last year

Just a quick update that Tesla already reached out. They apologized for the error and said they will have someone deliver
Hmm, interesting. I picked up my 3 in March of 2020 from Carlsbad and while there were a lot of people there, the process was very smooth. They took care of some damages and replaced the bumper and spoiler same day and gave me a loaner so I could do my grocery work while they fixed the car.

I’m supposed to pick up the Y sometime this week from same location. Curious if it will be different and as bad as your experience when I go there.

I forgot the name of the manager at Carlsbad (assuming same guy still) and he was super nice and helpful last year
Just an update. After speaking to Alliant Credit Union and them telling me Tesla made a mistake and should have given me the car once I showed the paperwork, Tesla reached out to me and apologized and they arranged to have my Model Y delivered to me to my house so I didn't have to drive back out there. That was nice and convenient.

The guy was friendly delivering the car but the Tesla app wouldn't work and they don't allow you to get the key cards until you activate and accept terms with the App. He left and said to call in and request the manually push it through. After about 5 minutes of doing that, it worked in the App. All in all happy with the experience but those with an Alliant loan (or any other lender) should make sure to double-check if you need to do anything special before taking delivery.

Reactions: voxel