Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla autopilot HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always like @verygreen posts because they are filled with actual evidence, I'm currently at work so i couldn't read it. But I wanted to make a quick reply as a placeholder so i just glanced at the pictures. It ended up being they were talking about the similarities with Inception network. When I initially reviewed the post i saw the mind blown gif and I thought @verygreen posted that. So it lead to my response.

But after reading the post my only conclusion is that I wish he hadn't included jimmy's post in it and will not thumb it up because of that. As I'm surprised people still take anything jimmy_d says seriously.
so care to provide replacement commentary based on the rest of the post? Do you think the chip is slower/faster under certain (you decide) assumptions? Don't look too much into the NNs, those appear to be a straight compilation of regular production NNs they have (They clearly just compile it all from the same sources producign hw2, hw2.5 and now hw3 binaries), so we cannot conclude how the development branches go.

• Helpful
Reactions: OPRCE and croman
Seems like you are disappointed that AP 3.0 is using cortex-A72 cores. I don’t see why they would use anything else. Successors to A72 are power optimized for use in phones and A72 is almost 2x better than A57 in current AP2.x

there is: Samsung Exynos 7650 And 7800 With Cortex-A72 CPU Core And Mali-T860 GPU To Power 2016 Galaxy Phones: Report

I have the kernel, and I see it is targeting Samsung exynos as the platform.

Are you sure you are not seeing some kind of leftover files for an old prototyping board?

Also, there will be other shiny new things in the HW3 that will boost the performance of the NN, alongside with the camera agnostic architecture you were mentioning.

Source: *wink* *wink*

Without reading the post at all and only looking at just the picture. i just wanted to say that non-stacked convolution layers is pretty standard in the world of CNN nowadays, it all started with the first inception network from google which Google really showed that you don't have to just stack conv layers with pooling, drops, on top of each other, but that you can get clever with it. That and using smaller conv filters there is nothing mind blowing about it today. its pretty standard.

Here is Inception v1 from 2014

googlenet_diagram.png

EDIT: After reading the post. My comments doesn't change. Only thing i would add is that I'm surprised people still take anything jimmy_d says seriously.

Quit criticizing @jimmy_d. Rather than attacking, I'd prefer you argued effectively for why you interpret the data differently. Let us decide who is credible.

Very interesting that the latest firmware files are a port of EAP onto HW3 and don't yet yield any insight into the mysterious "AKNET_V9" all-seeing eye stuff. I wonder when/if we'll start to see those NNs be deployed.

I'd wager we won't see it until three months after HW3 releases in productions cars, but definitely in six.

Are you sure you are not seeing some kind of leftover files for an old prototyping board?

Also, there will be other shiny new things in the HW3 that will boost the performance of the NN, alongside with the camera agnostic architecture you were mentioning.

Source: *wink* *wink*
While I don't have the actual board to see what's running and what's not and it's possible the "a72 started" references are somewhat stale from previous revisions, I am 100% sure the exynos SoC is still in use because UFS, USB, I2C and PCIEx drivers are only present for that particular platform

While I don't have the actual board to see what's running and what's not and it's possible the "a72 started" references are somewhat stale from previous revisions, I am 100% sure the exynos SoC is still in use because UFS, USB, I2C and PCIEx drivers are only present for that particular platform

shiny.sky is likely on the autopilot team, dropping in to see how good of hackers you all are

Is there any evidence of a new custom radar?

• Helpful
Reactions: lunitiks

Could HW3 have a next gen / unreleased Samsung SOC that uses the same drivers?

Reactions: PaulJohn
shiny.sky is likely on the autopilot team, dropping in to see how good of hackers you all are

Is there any evidence of a new custom radar?
It's really easy to be a secret Tesla employee on the Internet where nobody asks for any proof ;)

Could HW3 have a next gen / unreleased Samsung SOC that uses the same drivers?

Who knows. But this strikes me as somewhat unlikely.

Reactions: strangecosmos